Original Post

Will The Sims 1,2 or 3 work on windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If The Sims 1,2 or 3 doesn't work Im sticking wth TS4

Message 1 of 6 (387 Views)

Re: Will The Sims 1,2 or 3 work on windows 10

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a Toshiba windows 10 and the sims 3 works on it. I am pretty sure that all of the sims games work on a  windows computer.  

Message 2 of 6 (380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! I play TS2, TS3 & TS4 all on my desktop with Windows 10 and it runs pretty smoothly. You will encounter a problem with the shadows in TS2 as it is an old game, but all you have to do is disable the shadows. Apart from that all works very well! Have fun simming Large smile

Message 3 of 6 (369 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is actually a mod to fix the shadows, I use it myself. Just google "Sims 2 shadow fix".

Message 4 of 6 (358 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Roccosmocco,

Please, do not post in all caps - in forums, this is considered shouting.

That said, @mimibelle6 @samxxsmith @Linamints already answered your question for The Sims 2 and 3 (thanks for sharing your experiences! XP for you! Standard smile ).

The Sims 1 is a bit more difficult to predict. If you own the game, try to install it and run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP. However, I can not guarantee it will work as it is an old game. The Sims Complete Collection should work right, but you may face some issues if you have an older version of The Sims. As time goes by, software that was developed for older versions of Windows could have issues to work in newer versions. Compatibility mode is usually your friend in these cases.

One last tip for The Sims 3 - use Origin to download and install the game Wink

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 5 of 6 (349 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had The Sims 3 and 4 on my Windows 10, worked just fine for me. 

Message 6 of 6 (323 Views)