Re: Wild plants won't grow

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wild plants won't grow

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing the Sims 4 and my Sim is a gardener, and I'm trying to find all the seeds that can't be bought in a seed pack (lemon, onion, potato, etc.)

I have found locations of said plants in multiple places around the two neighborhoods, but the plants never grow to a stage where I can harvest them. I have tried resetting my game, I've waited multiple days in-game to see if they just needed more time to grow, but I've gotten no results what-so-ever. No matter what plant I try to harvest, even flowers, my only options are to "view" and "take a cutting". The harvest option is there for some of the plants, but it's unselectable and I recieve a message that says "There is nothing to harvest, try again later." (And of course, when I go again after a few days have passed, there's still nothing to harvest.) 

Any help would be much appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 10 (54,413 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem.  Apparently plants don't grow unless you're on the same lot.  In order to get wild plants to a harvestable state, you have to wait around the lot they're on for a long time.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (59,827 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

those plant s onion and lemon a lily a cherry and someother one i took a cutting and grafted them once my sim had the option unlocked to take cutting and graft  to another plant which in turn when it was ready to harvest game me the plants of each one  to plant themselves

pomengerte i found while my fisher sim was in the sylvan glen

although some are bugged i could take a cutting from a daisy and strawberry which when  grafted to the other should give me the  dragon fruit but it's unsuccessful as it's bugged

you may wish to post in the bug forum too http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Message 2 of 10 (54,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you!
Message 3 of 10 (54,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem.  Apparently plants don't grow unless you're on the same lot.  In order to get wild plants to a harvestable state, you have to wait around the lot they're on for a long time.

Message 4 of 10 (59,828 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks I needed to know that

Message 5 of 10 (53,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also look around for secondary plants, I needed snapdragons and the one in willow creek garden essence home was a sprout, but there was a wild harvest-able one across the street. the ones in the parks are the hardest as you can't live there

Message 6 of 10 (51,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem and I can’t solve it either I think the best thing to do is take a cutting and then graft it with another plant and when that plant grows harvest everything and you should get that plant. I hope I helped you 😊

Message 7 of 10 (34,420 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Calvin2409 

You just need to visit an area with wild plants to make them start to grow. You can then visit later to harvest.

Your posting is unlikely to have helped the OP as it is 4 years old.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 10 (34,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@jpkarlsen wrote:

Your posting is unlikely to have helped the OP as it is 4 years old.

That it may be, but Google is presenting it as the top search result when asking this question. As I'm on Day 26 of Spring, visited Sixam for six hours every day (including the 6:00 AM "regrow time") since the start of the season, and not one tentacle tree has produced a fang flower, or even grown past the "barely sprouted" stage, I for one am rather interested in finding a solution, even if it means necroing a six year old thread.

Message 9 of 10 (27,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Tatterdemalian,

Google may be, however the thread is still 4 years old and outdated. I'm locking it the thread here to limit further necroposting. Our forum rules for posting on these boards outline necroposting breaks them, please respect those rules. 

For future readers, if you're having issues with this, use the Forums search bar. There may be an active AHQ thread open on this. Standard smile You can tell by checking the date in the top right corner of the post. If there are none active, please feel free to open a new one and add any information you feel is relevant in your post.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (27,209 Views)