Re: Why wont sims 3 install on my HP Windows 10 laptop?

by roberta591

Original Post

Why wont sims 3 install on my HP Windows 10 laptop?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Recently I found my old sims 3 game and wanted to install it on my laptop,but whenever I try to install it the installshield wizard error pops up. I will post a picture of what it looks like so you can see it. My laptop is a HP Windows 10 laptop. However when I try to install it on my mom and dads Gateway Windows 8 computer it works. Could it be the difference between Windows 10 and 8???? Please Help. Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (2,648 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hidescret  Are you trying to install from disc or digial download from Origin? The DRM that came on the disc is no longer supported by Windows. Try using a registry cleaner like ccleaner (google it -  there is a free version). It seems the computer is trying to install the game. This may take some time downloading updates and such. Are you using a third party antivirus or an ad blocker?

Message 2 of 7 (2,620 Views)

★★★ Novice
@roberta591 I can't play the sims 3 on my HP Pavilion but it works for the sims 4 and my other pc games but not the sims 3. I really like playing the sims 3 but I can't play it on my new laptop
Message 3 of 7 (2,180 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Annmarie2444  Does the game install but won't run?  Is your laptop new or just new to you? It would help if you post your computer's dxdiag as there are many versions of the HP Pavilion. First guess is you may not have enough free space of your primary storage device (hard drive or ssd).

Message 4 of 7 (2,171 Views)

★★★ Novice
@roberta591 My Laptop is new I brought it about 3 months ago and it is HP Pavilion x360 14 and it will not let me download the sims 3 on it
Message 5 of 7 (2,116 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Annmarie2444 Did you create an Origin account? Does the game icon appear in the library in Origin? Are you trying to install from disc?

Message 6 of 7 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is installed but wont run on my HP 

Its 500 GB 

Message 7 of 7 (886 Views)