Dot.: Why wont my game work?

by kreatora

Original Post

Why wont my game work?

★★★ Newbie

I have cc in my game yes and i'm not sure if its a problem in there but here is the basics. I was playing the sims and it was working just fine until all of a sudden my sims couldnt interact with herself or other people. She could move around, go sit, but I wanted her to order food at the city living art gallery. I went to my other household to make sure it wasn't just this save file and the other save file had the same problem! I removed all of my cc, and then it worked all of a sudden. But then when I exited to be sure and rebooted the game, It wouldn't even let me play. I could get as far as seeing all of the houses from the worlds view, But when I clicked on my household and pressed "Play" I would wait for about 10 minutes and then it would say error. So I am currently un installing and re installing origin/the sims. I don't think its all of my cc but there has to be some outdated, bad cc in there! I have about 25 gb worth of cc which is about 7000. It is hard to go without cc for me and I would hate to remove it so if you can help me track bad cc that would help. But if anybody has the same problem and they know how to fix it please tell me!

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Dot.: Why wont my game work?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kaikai2025

Reinstalling the game has nothing to do with your current game. It applies only to installation files in Program Files folder when your second, current game folder is in Documents.
After the last patch, most scripts mods and a large part of CC are no longer compatible with the game and they will damage your game.
Checking CC and mods and looking for guilty is the price the player pays for using mods and CC
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. You have a lot of CC so try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find culprits and either remove it or replace it with an updated version
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

You now have an easy choice. Hold all your CC - or play.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)