Why won't my store items show up in game?

by kordyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't my store items show up in game?

★★★ Newbie

So I have the sims 3 on a Hp Pavillion and using windows 10. It runs through origin fine but it won't let me download my previous store downloads/purchases. It says installed on the launcher but then when I open the game it's not there. 

Message 1 of 3 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why won't my store items show up in game?

@kordyy  Try downloading into a clean game folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Don't add anything to it yet, just download one item from the store, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it works, you can install the rest of your content into that folder.  It's best to do so in batches of no more than six items at a time, as the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)

All Replies

@kordyy  Try downloading into a clean game folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Don't add anything to it yet, just download one item from the store, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it works, you can install the rest of your content into that folder.  It's best to do so in batches of no more than six items at a time, as the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much.
Message 3 of 3 (377 Views)