Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why won't my store items show up in game?

by kordyy

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Why won't my store items show up in game?

★★ Newbie

So I have the sims 3 on a Hp Pavillion and using windows 10. It runs through origin fine but it won't let me download my previous store downloads/purchases. It says installed on the launcher but then when I open the game it's not there. 

Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Why won't my store items show up in game?

@kordyy  Try downloading into a clean game folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Don't add anything to it yet, just download one item from the store, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it works, you can install the rest of your content into that folder.  It's best to do so in batches of no more than six items at a time, as the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@kordyy  Try downloading into a clean game folder.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Don't add anything to it yet, just download one item from the store, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.  If it works, you can install the rest of your content into that folder.  It's best to do so in batches of no more than six items at a time, as the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much.
Message 3 of 3 (63 Views)
Twitter Stream