Why won't my game download?

by EMOtionz9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't my game download?

★★ Novice

Hello all! So recently I've been trying to install The Sims 4 on my laptop for about the 10th time. Why? Because I sometimes get bored and wouldn't feel the need to play it anymore but I still go back to it because it's a really good game. However, for the last couple of weeks, I haven't been able to successfully download it to my PC which is odd because I never had any problems with downloads other than the fact that my internet is very slow. When I began downloading, it was going smoothly with only one download pause because I had to go to bed. Then I resumed it the next day and it finished so then it began finalizing. The finalizing, however, was taking so long until finally, a screen popped up saying Error with a code which was 327684:1 just like that. I then tried to reinstall the game the same day but the game went straight to finalizing and again it took too long til the same Error message appeared. I then decided to send the Error code to Origin but there weren't any responses. I then began to check for any updates on my computer and Origin but it was all up to date. I then decided to uninstall Origin and reinstall to see if anything would change but it did the same thing with the same Error code. I already sent emails to Origin but nothing has changed. I currently have Origin uninstalled but it's so frustrating because I spent so much money on ALL those Sims 4 expansion, games and stuff packs and it won't allow me to play it. Please, someone, tell me how my games that have been able to install so smoothly have suddenly stopped? BTW, my laptop is an ASUS Q302L

Message 1 of 12 (760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why won't my game download?

Champion (Retired)

@EMOtionz9

Download the latest VC++ version from Microsoft and install it then try installing The Sims 4 again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (805 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@EMOtionz9

If you just installed Origin the normal way, please do a manual uninstallation of Origin, and reinstall the program ad Administrator (run the setup.exe file as admin)
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then run Origin as administrator.

If you get an error message again, please take a screen print or copy it so I can read the complete message.

You could also try this if you still have problems.

In the Client, go to Origin > Application Settings > Diagnostics, and enable Safe Mode Downloading. Does that make any difference?

Message 2 of 12 (749 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMeki So here's an update, I did what you told me. I reinstalled Origin and then ran it as an admin. I began downloading The Sims 4 again and it started downloading instead of going straight to finalizing like it did the last couple of times. I had to pause the download though because it was already late at night and it takes forever to download a game due to my slow internet. But this morning I got up early and began finishing the download. It was then finalizing but it took 5 mins to finish and then the same messages popped up. Sorry for the weird cropping on one of the pictures. I don't know if it will be in order but the Origin message from the application was second and the last was how my game looked after it "installed" it says complete but it's not and it goes straight to finalizing when I redownload The Sims 4.

Message 3 of 12 (721 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EMOtionz9

Download the latest VC++ version from Microsoft and install it then try installing The Sims 4 again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (806 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EMOtionz9

Yes, please do what Jpkarlsen said. The VC++ error is because your windows might not have all files needed, or that they are not updated Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (715 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen Before I do this, which one would work? The x64 or x86? Or whichever?

Message 6 of 12 (712 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EMOtionz9

Please do both. Of both cannot be installed that is fine, but it depends on your computer. No harm can be done by installing both Standard smile 

Message 7 of 12 (705 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMeki Ok, so before your reply came in, I tried to install something else from the same link it was the Visual Studio 2017 Community. However, I then exited out of it and decided to just install one of both files from the link, however, this popped up and I've been working like crazy on trying to find it and trying to stop it. But I'm no good with computers and I don't know if any of you are.

Message 8 of 12 (699 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EMOtionz9

Is it like that for both or just for one? Reboot your computer or try again.

If it works for one, maybe that's how it's supposed to look O.o

Message 9 of 12 (697 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMeki It was for both. And I did a reboot already, that picture was after I did a reboot.

Message 10 of 12 (695 Views)