Why won't my custom content appear in-game?

by smolberry

Original Post

Why won't my custom content appear in-game?

★★ Novice

I've downloaded a bunch of custom content off TheSimsResource and none of it will show up in my game. The mods message in the beginning doesn't show up, it's not in my Options>Other>View Custom Content, it's also not in my CAS. I have mods enabled and they're all downloaded as PACKAGE files in my Mods folder. I can't figure out what the issue is!

Message 1 of 5 (315 Views)

Re: Why won't my custom content appear in-game?

Champion (Retired)

Apparently the game does not use the folder you think.

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

My PC doesn't have OneDrive or iCloud set up. Tried a bunch of their fixes, none worked. Frown Thank you, though! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you find the folder the game uses following the linked advice?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (263 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't, but I figured out a solution on my own! I deleted the Mods folder and the game created a new one that I can actually use now. Thank you for your help, though! Large smileLarge smile

Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)