Why won't Origin recognise my expansion packs?

by MommaWulfy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't Origin recognise my expansion packs?

★★★ Newbie

So, I have two expansions and a stuff pack on disk thar are installed on my computer. When I go into origin, it doesn't give me the ability to turn the packs on and when I look through the possible expansions it says they're not there and that I need to buy them.

When I go into origin and start the game, it loads normally but only brings up one city : Sunset valley. I have Late Night and Pets installed, so I should have Appaloosa Valley and a few other cities as well, but the game only shows the one. When I leave the game and go into Origin, I go to the details place for the game and check the expansions and it says that I need to buy BOTH Late Night and Pets. When I check my programs to see if they're installed properly, my computer says they're there. Why isn't the game loading my expansions and why doesn't Origin notice that they're installed?

I have seen the "New Origin Layout" Thing a few times and it doesn't cover this problem. Why can't I play my game properly?

Message 1 of 11 (9,507 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why won't Origin recognise my expansion packs?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MommaWulfy open Origin - login - click game library - right click the TS3 icon - click show game details - click extra content - scroll down - do the packs say installed or buy? If they say buy in Origin upper left click games click reload game library. If that doesn't work try right click the TS3 icon and click repair. And if that doesn't work in Origin click games upper left - click redeem product code see if your can directly redeem the codes. Normally Origin will pick up the packs and redeem the packs automatically and link the packs to the base game.

add: did you ever register the packs on thesims3.com. You can log in there using the same login and password as Origin. Registering the the game and packs here will illuminate the icon as owned on the my page. You can register the game/packs on the left side of the my page below the icons. On my page - my account there is register a game or redeem a code.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (11,340 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@MommaWulfy Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 2 of 11 (9,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@roberta591 It's a PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all of the expansions multiple times.

Message 3 of 11 (9,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MommaWulfy Is the packs turned on in the launcher? What is the version of your games (launcher lower left)?

add: Your game needs to be version 1.67 - you can patch to this version with the manual super patch. Origin should patch the game to version 1.69. Then Origin should detect any packs you have installed if the codes are not already used by someone else. Have you tried to redeem the codes in Origin?

add: Origin gives you the ability to buy or say installed. Expansion packs are automatically installed once Origin acknowledges packs as owned. With game version 1.69 you can control with packs are in use through the launcher.

Message 4 of 11 (9,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@roberta591 

I CANT turn them on because Origin says I DONT own them. I said that in the first post.

My games are updated by origin automatically every time there's an update available online.

My Expansion packs are on a DISK not bought online and they ARE downloaded! My computer recognizes the files as being installed on the computer. Origin is not recognizing that. Hence my problem.

Yes, I've used my codes before because I had to uninstall and reinstall the games multiple times.

Message 5 of 11 (9,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MommaWulfy Did you register the packs in thesims3.com site? Are the packs shown as owned (highlighted on thesims3.com my page? Did you try to redeem the codes in Origin? open Origin - login - click games upper left - redeem product code - see if that will work.

add: Sorry I'm having some problems understanding what you did - for example you don't download the disc to the game - you install the software to the game from disc - you download the software from Origin as a digital download.  I'm guessing you don't have the packs linked properly and this may because of the version of the game which is in the launcher which I asked for

Message 6 of 11 (9,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

....I'm going to assume that you aren't a native English speaker and apologize for my casual lack of proper grammar up until now.

I bought the disks and installed them months ago. They worked!

I tried to get back on my game about two days ago and it didn't work. It only let me choose a single city and didn't let me create any pet sims like it should have let me do. It said that I didn't own the expansions. It wanted me to buy them again even though they were already installed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled them, using the codes on the papers that come with all disk games. Origin still says that I don't own those expansions.

It's the right version. 1.69.43.024017

@roberta591

Message 7 of 11 (9,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MommaWulfy open Origin - login - click game library - right click the TS3 icon - click show game details - click extra content - scroll down - do the packs say installed or buy? If they say buy in Origin upper left click games click reload game library. If that doesn't work try right click the TS3 icon and click repair. And if that doesn't work in Origin click games upper left - click redeem product code see if your can directly redeem the codes. Normally Origin will pick up the packs and redeem the packs automatically and link the packs to the base game.

add: did you ever register the packs on thesims3.com. You can log in there using the same login and password as Origin. Registering the the game and packs here will illuminate the icon as owned on the my page. You can register the game/packs on the left side of the my page below the icons. On my page - my account there is register a game or redeem a code.

Message 8 of 11 (11,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, not origin doesn't recognize normal installation from disks? How * stupid can they get?

Redeeming the codes through Origin worked, but doing it through basic install didn't. My god, i'll never buy another game from EA again with this much idiotic hastle!

Message 9 of 11 (9,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. I purchased SIMS 3 and all the expansion packs and stuff packs - 20 items in total. I downloaded all of them and through Origin redeemed the Product Codes. All was fine and dandy. Actually it says I have played the game for about 76 hours with not issues. Then all of a sudden I start the game and can now only access two packs - FAST LANE PACK and TOWN LIFE STUFF. I thought what the hell, where are my other packs. I can't find them anywhere on Origin. Then I tried all the reload the library, repair the game, etc. I clicked on extra content and there they all are but I have to buy them again for $20 ea if I want them. What I thought, I already own them. I have saved the entire game on an external hard drive (I did this when I bought the game, as I bought it online). So I thought I would go through the process of deleting SIMS 3 off my computer and reinstalling it - nope didn't work. I have uninstalled Origin completely, I have uninstalled SIMS 3 completely, this is includes the Origin Folder, the Origin Games Folder and the Electronic Games Folder and started all over again but still no expansion and stuff packs except the two I mentioned earlier. I can see everything in the folder on my computer but Origin will not recognise them. When I launch SIMS 3, it won't recognise them. I have asked Origin for help and no reply. Oh and to add to all of that, there is no purchase history in my Origin account or anything like that. No I have not registered my game with SIMS3.com, even though I have an account with them. I am so over this and if this is the way Origin operates, I won't deal with them again.

Message 10 of 11 (9,281 Views)