Why isn’t my sims proposing,whoohooing or claiming double beds???

by BlackButler6666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why isn’t my sims proposing,whoohooing or claiming double beds???

★★ Novice

So I installed a mod and removed it because my married sims couldn’t woohoo or claim their bed, I thought “ oh maybe it’s the family” but no I deleted and remain them and it still wouldn’t let me and  when I went to propose or woohoo they just stained ag each other then walked off does anyone know how to fix this????

Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why isn’t my sims proposing,whoohooing or claiming double beds???

Hero (Retired)
@BlackButler6666

Your progress and saves and also the library will stay safe.
I'll explain to you again what you should do - step by step.
1. Move your mods folder to the desktop. You can draw it out using a mouse.
2, Delete localthumbcache.package file and all folders what have word "cache" in the name. Don't be afraid. The game will create new ones but without saved errors.
3. Fix the game in Origin. Go to Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option: "repair game"
4, Now turn on the game. New empty mods folder will be created and all folders and file will be replaced.
5. Check if you still have this error in your game without mods.
If this problem disappeared it is time to look for culprits.
5. Copy from the desktop your mods and CC and paste in the new mods folder.
But.. do it one by one every time turning on the game and checking if the game is OK. You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I know, it's laborious, but after each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (510 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@BlackButler6666

Have you installed only this one mod or more? If you have installed more mods you need to check all.
Removing mod isn't enough
Delete localtumbcache.package file in the game folder - important!
Delete also all folders what have word "cache" in the name.
Then fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option: "repair game"

If it will not work move the mods folder to the desktop and turn the game to create a new empty mods folder. Check if the game is working now properly without mods.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

Will all my progress get deleted???

Message 3 of 6 (533 Views)

★★ Novice

And I had a mod and then deleted it to see if it was the problem I deleted this other mod to see if that was the problem(neither of them was)

Message 4 of 6 (531 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@BlackButler6666

Your progress and saves and also the library will stay safe.
I'll explain to you again what you should do - step by step.
1. Move your mods folder to the desktop. You can draw it out using a mouse.
2, Delete localthumbcache.package file and all folders what have word "cache" in the name. Don't be afraid. The game will create new ones but without saved errors.
3. Fix the game in Origin. Go to Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option: "repair game"
4, Now turn on the game. New empty mods folder will be created and all folders and file will be replaced.
5. Check if you still have this error in your game without mods.
If this problem disappeared it is time to look for culprits.
5. Copy from the desktop your mods and CC and paste in the new mods folder.
But.. do it one by one every time turning on the game and checking if the game is OK. You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I know, it's laborious, but after each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods
Message 5 of 6 (511 Views)

★★ Novice
@kreatora Thank you so much! I’ll see if it works when I get home later
Message 6 of 6 (506 Views)