Why is there a contradiction with the specs required and the advice

by TwoLittleBuns

Original Post

Why is there a contradiction with the specs required and the advice

★★★ Newbie

I remember when the tech forum was still open on the forum, the "experts" there would not really recommend non gaming laptops for Sims 4 even though lots of non gaming laptops meet the minimum and recommended specs. Even the gurus have posted those same specs here. But I remember the one resident tech person that was on the forum pretty much saying that you must have a gaming rig to play Sims 4.Which contradicts the recommended specs posted by those who actually work for ea.

So why the contradiction? I don't want to buy an expensive laptop for Sims 4 when it can run fine on a modest one. I found one that has a dedicated graphics card for like 400§dollars 

Message 1 of 4 (285 Views)

Re: Why is there a contradiction with the specs required and the advice

Champion (Retired)

The requirements are the bare minimum that will run the game usually at low graphics settings. The recommendation I and others give are for new computers that should last for many years and are able to run the game on high or ultra settings. Besides there are other programs and games that they may want to run in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I only play Sims 4. I'm not a gamer and I don't care.l at all about playing on ultra settings. Gonna get the cheap one I found

Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That is entirely up to you. If you don't plan on getting new Expansions or The Sims 5 (if there ever is one) and don't intend to use it for other things that are more demanding it will probably be fine. If you want an opinion on a particular PC feel free to post a link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (245 Views)