Re: Why is the 'modifyrelationship' cheat not working?

by Yammmmzzzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is the 'modifyrelationship' cheat not working?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Pets, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry, Bowling, and Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt 'modifyrelationship' cheat between two Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing; the relationship isn't affected at all
What do you expect to see? Relationship to be modified
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The 'modifyrelationship' cheat isn't working in Sims 4. I've tried it several times - both with and without the "LTR" in the front. I've also made sure that none of the Sims have 3 names, just two. What else could be the issue? Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (91,838 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Thanks. Found out the problem was a corrupt file; started working after I started a new game

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (91,796 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Yammmmzzzz 

Please see this thread on how it works now. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6444181/highlight/true#M52985

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (91,803 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks. Found out the problem was a corrupt file; started working after I started a new game

Message 3 of 8 (91,797 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this happen today after Skyler Nakamura married Morgan Okada and became Skyler Okada. Now she has a distant relative named Skyler Okada. I changed the current Skylers name to Heled Okada problem solved.

Message 4 of 8 (86,200 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Except how am i supposed to know if its a corrupt file if my "File Explorer" is full of random stuff

Message 5 of 8 (79,162 Views)

★★ Guide

This issue need to be fix, it's really becoming a issue now.

Message 6 of 8 (78,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lbrown4911 nice thanks
Message 7 of 8 (72,815 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all. 

Since this is an older thread that went a pretty long time without any updates, I went ahead and locked it. 

If you're having some trouble with an issue like this please feel free to create a new thread, and we'll take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (72,784 Views)