Why is my game crashing after sim gives birth?

by EmmaB86

Original Post

Why is my game crashing after sim gives birth?

★★★★ Novice

Hello all,

So I don't know if this has happened to any of you or if it's the new patch, but my game keeps crashing when my pregnant sim gives birth and names it (click ok to name and then game crashes). I haven't tried aging up a sim and I tried a new pregnancy post-patch install and the same thing is happening!?

Has this happened to anyone else today after the new patch?
I only have some cc, no mods.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!  

Message 1 of 16 (2,786 Views)

Re: Why is my game crashing after sim gives birth?

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

If that isn't the issue, could you post a DxDiag?
Please follow this how to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your next reply.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 16 (2,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its happening to me too...

Message 3 of 16 (2,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem, and I can confirm it's not as a result of any mods or CC.  I've already tried removing mods, re-installing my game, everything.

Any time I randomize genetics for a new Sim, and any time a Sim gives birth and then names the baby or babies... my game crashes.

I've been seeing a good number of other people having this issue, and no, it's not mods.  It only started after the toddlers update, and I can only hope a fix for it comes out soon.

Message 4 of 16 (2,744 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (2,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't know about the OP's specs, but here's mine.  It feels a bit pointless though to run this diagnostic, given it's not like my system can't handle TS4 and all of its EPs, GPs, and SPs.  Everything I have meets TS4's spec standards, and all of my drivers are up to date.

The game was literally running just fine until the toddlers update, and now my Sims can't give birth without it crashing my game.  No matter if they have an at-home birth or go to the hospital (accompanied or alone).  As soon as the child is born and a name is confirmed, TS4 crashes.  And I've already checked to see if it's my mods or CC, and I've already tried repairing my game and outright re-installing it for good measure.

Like I said before, I've been seeing a good number of people with this exact same issue.  And I doubt it's a matter of an outdated graphics driver, especially when many of us have everything up to date anyways.  Frown

Message 6 of 16 (2,728 Views)

Hero

Your graphics drivers are from 2012

Please update those

Also attach any crashlog.txt files to your post (you'll find those in documents)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (2,719 Views)

★★ Novice
My game has been doing this as well. At first I thought it was a bad piece of cc but it crashes without any mods in it. I just want to play the game and have a toddler. They need to fix this bug asap.
Message 8 of 16 (2,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SincerleyKaylaa

Could you please also provide the information asked

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

Um.  They aren't that old.  I'm looking at the exact same diagnostic I sent you in my last reply, and while the hardware is that old, the drivers themselves were last updated just earlier this month, and are far more recent than their 2012 versions.  And in any case, I really don't feel that this kind of problem would be caused by something as simple as an outdated graphics driver.

Thank you for trying to provide a helpful suggestion.  I really appreciate the attempt to help, given this situation is getting increasingly frustrating and I honestly just want to play my game.  But it's not exactly helpful to suggest that someone update something that's already fully up to date, and it's a bit alienating to be glossed over when stating that system specs aren't actually at fault here given it had already been thoroughly tested and checked... Frown

Message 10 of 16 (2,690 Views)