Why is my city map not working??

by LinaL1995

Original Post

Why is my city map not working??

★★★ Newbie

I have a problem.. my city map is not working..its grey and blue(where the sea is)... i don’t see any house or street only grey and blue screen Frown

Message 1 of 2 (321 Views)

Re: Why is my city map not working??

@LinaL1995  Please remove your Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts; you can put it on your desktop.  Launch the game, which will create a clean folder with no content.  Start a new save, and take a look at Map View both when the town initially loads and in live play.  (You can just pick a family to play with as an experiment.)

If the game looks normal, you can transfer your saves and otehr content from the old game folder to the new one.  Here's a list of everything that folder, including explanations of which files you'll want to keep:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If the game still looks strange in a clean folder, there may be an issue with your graphics card, or how the game is evaluating it (or even which card it's using if your computer has two).  Have you tried to edit the game's .sgr files to force recognition of your card?  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Let me know, and we can go from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (303 Views)