Re: Why does sims only work with no updates? :S

by EirikNannestad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does sims only work with no updates? :S

★★★ Newbie

I play sims 3 base package . It works just fine. I also use the older update, because when I download the latest update the sims will not start. I have many sims game that I want to install but then I need to update . Why will not the game start when I downloaded the new update?? Frown 

Message 1 of 7 (279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

I don't see a dedicated graphics chip and the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The minimum requirement for this game is Intel GMA X4500 or better. The game also calls for 128mb of dedicated video ram and yours has only 64mb. The video driver is dated 9/7/2012 which is old and I didn't find neewer ones on the Lenovo site. You could try Intel for a newer video driver. That may work but the 80Gb hard drive is small for today's bloated games and operating systems. While the base game may run, a patch or pack could cause the game to fail.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (255 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

First guess would be your computer is marginal to play TS3. The addition of patches and packs may cause trouble and the game may stop running correctly. Please post your computers dxdiag.

Message 2 of 7 (274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your answer! What is computers dxdiag? And I have had almost all the sims 3 games on my computer before, but suddenly now when I try to install it again it would only work if I play the starter pack with no updates..

Message 3 of 7 (270 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EirikNannestad Here is a link for how to post dxdiag - post dxdiag This will show how your computer is configured. This is common as no personal data is displayed. It could be something simple like an outdated video driver or hardware that isn't compatible. Did you clean the computer before you tried a reinstall? A program like ccleaner (there is a free version) will remove data from the registry left over from an uninstall leaving the way for a clean install. Here is a link about reinstalling TS3 - reinstall TS3

Message 4 of 7 (261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanku, here I found it Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (259 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I don't see a dedicated graphics chip and the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The minimum requirement for this game is Intel GMA X4500 or better. The game also calls for 128mb of dedicated video ram and yours has only 64mb. The video driver is dated 9/7/2012 which is old and I didn't find neewer ones on the Lenovo site. You could try Intel for a newer video driver. That may work but the 80Gb hard drive is small for today's bloated games and operating systems. While the base game may run, a patch or pack could cause the game to fail.

Message 6 of 7 (256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will look at that! Thanku so much for your help! Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (234 Views)