Why does my sims keep turning red?

by farplxms

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does my sims keep turning red?

★★ Novice

So I installed a bunch of cc, and I know for a fact that its bad cc but I downloaded so much I just don't know what it could be! Anyone got any tips or could possibly help me? Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why does my sims keep turning red?

@farplxms  What kind of custom content did you install?  If it's in .package form, use the 50/50 method to sort through it.  Test half your content, and if the problem is gone, test half the rest.  If the problem shows up again, split the batch you just added in half and retest; continue until you've found the cause.

If you installed Sims3Packs, getting rid of bad cc can be more complicated.  This is a good guide:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

Please keep in mind that if the bad cc came attached to a household/lot/saved sim, you may have to delete that content as well.

For any of the above, be sure to delete the five cache files any time you add or remove content from your user folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (659 Views)

All Replies

@farplxms  What kind of custom content did you install?  If it's in .package form, use the 50/50 method to sort through it.  Test half your content, and if the problem is gone, test half the rest.  If the problem shows up again, split the batch you just added in half and retest; continue until you've found the cause.

If you installed Sims3Packs, getting rid of bad cc can be more complicated.  This is a good guide:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

Please keep in mind that if the bad cc came attached to a household/lot/saved sim, you may have to delete that content as well.

For any of the above, be sure to delete the five cache files any time you add or remove content from your user folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks it worked, although it took a while; still worked! Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have that also, and noticed if you change their shoes it returns to normal

Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)