Why does my sim not do his tasks?

by rencho10

Original Post

Why does my sim not do his tasks?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim just doesn't acknowledge the tasks I give him. Time still passes and his hunger/energy etc go down, other sims can talk to him but he won't move! I tried everything but this bug won't go away and he will eventually die.
What do you expect to see? Him living normally ( doing his tasks and even taking care of sustaining his life by himself).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

pic

Message 1 of 4 (2,235 Views)

Re: Why does my sim not do his tasks?

Hero

HI @rencho10 

I moved your thread to tech for troubleshooting

Is your game all patched to the current version ? Did you try going to the map and back or move the Sim out and back in ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for answering. Yes, my game has the newest update and the bug occurred after installing it. I managed to fix the bug the following way - I made another sim from the household travel with the bugged sim somewhere and when they arrived at that lot he could then do his tasks. This problem, in particular, hasn't happened again but another strange thing that happens is that the sims started leaving their empty plates on a table which is always so far away from them and there're plenty of other places to leave the plate. Do you know anything about this?

Message 3 of 4 (2,198 Views)

Hero
Could be that you have plates somewhere on a shelf. Try walls-up mode and check all your shelves. They might be trying to clean those up but can't.

If you have that, just move those manually somewhere else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,196 Views)