Re: Why does my mouse pointer disappear on Sims 3?

by tanxsalot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does my mouse pointer disappear on Sims 3?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I just recently started playing Sims 3 again and I remember now why I had stopped - my cursor/pointer disappears.  I just bought a new computer and installed all the games so it can't be my computer.  I have seen many ask this question but there seems to be no answer to why this happens.  Anyone have any thoughts on what can be done?  It is quite annoying ....     

Message 1 of 9 (12,114 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

This is a new keyboard and mouse.  I had the computer built by CyberPower and had them install Windows 7.  However, I think I may have found the problem..  Anytime I ran the Sims 3, I had windows open in the background.  I usually kept The Sims Exchange open or an Explorer window open and that was when my mouse cursor would be invisible.  Yesterday I had rebooted the computer and when I started The Sims 3 my mouse cursor was visible, but when I minimized my game and searched for something, the cursor disappeared .... The explorer window being open was the only difference.  So, I closed the window and the cursor reappeared.  I rebooted the computer again and left explorer open but minimized, launched the game; and again the cursor was invisible.  Once the window was closed the cursor reappeared.   The issue seems to be when a window or program is open or running in the background, the mouse cursor becomes invisible.  It doesn't seem to matter if the window is minimized or not.  So maybe this is the same for the others that have this problem, even with the Mac.  I hope this helps others.  Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (13,229 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Do you still have the same mouse ? What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (12,078 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is a new keyboard and mouse.  I had the computer built by CyberPower and had them install Windows 7.  However, I think I may have found the problem..  Anytime I ran the Sims 3, I had windows open in the background.  I usually kept The Sims Exchange open or an Explorer window open and that was when my mouse cursor would be invisible.  Yesterday I had rebooted the computer and when I started The Sims 3 my mouse cursor was visible, but when I minimized my game and searched for something, the cursor disappeared .... The explorer window being open was the only difference.  So, I closed the window and the cursor reappeared.  I rebooted the computer again and left explorer open but minimized, launched the game; and again the cursor was invisible.  Once the window was closed the cursor reappeared.   The issue seems to be when a window or program is open or running in the background, the mouse cursor becomes invisible.  It doesn't seem to matter if the window is minimized or not.  So maybe this is the same for the others that have this problem, even with the Mac.  I hope this helps others.  Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (13,230 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

If that is the solution to your issue, could you please accept it as such so people see this as sovled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (12,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, did you solve the problem?

I started playing for the first time in a few months and I have made mouse pointer and basically cannot play the game. If you figured out what happened and how to fix it I would appreciate knowing..

Thanks,

Justin

Message 5 of 9 (9,344 Views)

Hero

Do you have mouse trails on ? If so, try turning them off

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (9,335 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem playing Red Alert 2.  Running Windows 10.   I went in to mouse pointer options and turned off mouse trail, and that fixed the problem....

Message 7 of 9 (6,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, but Sims4, which was annoying because I had just purchased it and right away discovered this bug made my game unplayable. Disabled mouse pointer trails and "hide mouse pointer when typing." Back to normal now. Try one or both of those settings if needed. Good luck to you!

Message 8 of 9 (4,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disabling pointer trails fixed my disappearing mouse problem. I use Windows 10. Hope this helps you.

Message 9 of 9 (2,107 Views)