Why do my toddlers become dirty almost immediately after bathing?

by supergamingcats

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do my toddlers become dirty almost immediately after bathing?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Vampires, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat, Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have toddlers (possibly twin toddlers) with an adult. A household member may need to die before the bug occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddlers will be bathed and then their hygiene need will decrease to 0% in exactly 24 hours.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to be able to last at least two days without needing a bath because that is what it used to be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My toddlers just become covered in dirt overnight.

Message 1 of 3 (624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why do my toddlers become dirty almost immediately after bathing?

★★ Novice

Ok update this problem might have been solved just by moving sims out of my house? There were 3 other sims that needed moving so I finally got the funds to move them out and now the toddlers are not getting dirty.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (575 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @supergamingcats 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (595 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok update this problem might have been solved just by moving sims out of my house? There were 3 other sims that needed moving so I finally got the funds to move them out and now the toddlers are not getting dirty.

Message 3 of 3 (576 Views)