Why do my sliders not work in sims 3

by angelinarocks099

Original Post

Why do my sliders not work in sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I've never posted on this site and don't know how it works to be completely honest, (despite playing the sims since 2012 lol). I can't seem to fix this one problem though, no matter where I look. I have sliders downloaded into my game, and they work fine in CAS however in game my sims look drastically different as if I never used the sliders in the first place. How do I make my sims look the same as they do in CAS? (Also, everything is updated yet when I load my game I get a notification that I have something downloaded that is not up to date and I do not know how to fix this)

Please help, thank you x

Message 1 of 2 (1,814 Views)

Re: Why do my sliders not work in sims 3

@angelinarocks099  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

What kind of install is this: macOS or Windows; Origin, Steam, disc, or something else?  The message about your game not being up to date can have a couple different causes.

After you installed the sliders, did you delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts?  If not, trash them now.  They should be deleted every time you add or remove content to your game folder, and also whenever you're troubleshooting (and regularly even if you're not troubleshooting).  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Test on a new sim that has never been exposed to these sliders; you don't have to save your progress.  If you get the same result, what sliders are you using?  Do you use any mods or cc other than the sliders?  Please don't link them, but it's fine to name them unless they involve adult content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,781 Views)