Why do my sims keep getting deleted?

by courtneyfletcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do my sims keep getting deleted?

★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me multiple times. On sims 4 and now 3, I guess. I will open the game and it will say "new game" because I apparently have no saved ones. It's getting really annoying because I have put time into these sims just to have to start over. 

Anybody else having this problem?

ALSO, will not let me download more content, the download button just is not there, but I have the extra expansion packs to add to my game, and it will not let me download them. 

UGHHH

Message 1 of 6 (1,681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why do my sims keep getting deleted?

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @courtneyfletcher.

If the save files are gone then it is not possible to retrieve them and I would suggest going forward that you start backing up your saves on a regular basis.

Can I ask if you are playing on PC or Mac? I ask because if the download button is greyed out then this can point to an issue with the Origin cache, the process to clear the cache is different depending on platform. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,645 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @courtneyfletcher.

If the save files are gone then it is not possible to retrieve them and I would suggest going forward that you start backing up your saves on a regular basis.

Can I ask if you are playing on PC or Mac? I ask because if the download button is greyed out then this can point to an issue with the Origin cache, the process to clear the cache is different depending on platform. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is also happening to me but it is not the first time it was once before where i did not play sims for 3 months and one day it came again
Message 3 of 6 (1,566 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @fogasu.

Can you provide a little more information as to the issue you are seeing so that we can help? The more info we have the better we can help you.

The last time it occurred were you able to fix it or just start over? Have you tried any troubleshooting yourself?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,537 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @fogasu.

Can you provide a little more information as to the issue you are seeing so that we can help? The more info we have the better we can help you.

The last time it occurred were you able to fix it or just start over? Have you tried any troubleshooting yourself?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem! It keeps deleting everything. Sometimes I can get it so save once, and play the sim once more, but when I want to again, it Is all gone again. EA Support has helped me 5 times now, and it still doesn't work. Let me know if you figured it out!

Message 6 of 6 (1,465 Views)