Re: Why do babies appear in my bassinet-- The Sims 4?

by crinrict

Original Post

Why do babies appear in my bassinet-- The Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

When I was in Build Mode, I placed down a bassinet for when my Sims have a baby, but each time I placed one, a baby appeared and you cannot delete a baby, so I have to keep them. you cannot age them up, change their name or anything! you can interact with them but that is about it! They are also not part of the household.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! Devil

Message 1 of 8 (4,301 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Are you using mods in you game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sorry, I've re-tested again in light of my new foundings. I didn't realize there are buyable bassinet in buy mode (my sim started to give birth after GTW released so I always give birth in the clinic)

I would guess you have 'bb.showhiddenobjects' on, if so, you would be able to search for two kinds of bassinets (but with the same name, 'Rock-a-bye Bassinet') both kinds looks identical and cost 150, but the one in the cheat catogory will auto-spawn babies in it. If you use the search function, it may lead you to the wrong one, that might be your issue here.

Be sure to always buy bassinets from: Buymode (objects by function)/Kids/Kids furniture, that way you won't get the wrong one.

Hope this helps. Happy simming!

Message 3 of 8 (4,278 Views)

★ Novice

Do you know how to delete a baby's bassinet when it is placed? Because I can't delete it nowDevil

Message 4 of 8 (4,217 Views)

Hero

Do you have a baby in it or is it an empty one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (4,207 Views)

★ Novice
There was a baby in it, but the problem is fixed!
Message 6 of 8 (4,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing is happening to me! How did u fix it??
Message 7 of 8 (3,473 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RejoiceSimmerz

This thread is 1,5 years old, doubt that @xVeerG will answer, but tagging them is the best chance.

Otherwise, try entering the cheat: bb.moveobjects on 

And then try to delete it.

Otherwise, turn testingcheats on, and shift click and delete it?

Message 8 of 8 (3,461 Views)