Why do I keep getting a Sims 4 Game Update Error?!

by spspv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why do I keep getting a Sims 4 Game Update Error?!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So basically my sims 4 kept finalizing from its update and every time its done finalizing I keep getting an error ` There was a problem while updating your game. One or more files that requires an update may be in use. If the issue persists please restart your computer and resume the update. ` I have tried uninstalling the sims 4+ origin and it doesn't seem to work, I have tried troubleshooting it and restarting my computer a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to work, Yes, this is totally random and I don't have any mods.. I have looked on other forums similar to mine, some recommend turning on Safe mode.. but I don't know where safe mode is or my advanced settings is.. ( Sorry if my question is stupid, i'm not the best when it comes to technology ) 

Message 1 of 3 (315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why do I keep getting a Sims 4 Game Update Error?!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Greetings @spspv ;

Normally when I hear something about a file that may be in use, it makes me think that the Windows User Profile you are using might not have full Windows Administrator permissions. 

You might have to try creating a new user in your Windows Profile, that has complete Windows Administrator privileges. If you already are a Windows Administrator, it could be a damaged Windows User Profile.

Try creating a new user in Windows, or if you want to create a temporary one, you can always use the Hidden Windows Administrator Account. 

Since you mentioned you might not be the best with technology, I'd advise getting a friend or colleague who has some technical background to proceed at this point.

Note: I do not work for EA.

Kind Regards,

- B

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (278 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Greetings @spspv ;

Normally when I hear something about a file that may be in use, it makes me think that the Windows User Profile you are using might not have full Windows Administrator permissions. 

You might have to try creating a new user in your Windows Profile, that has complete Windows Administrator privileges. If you already are a Windows Administrator, it could be a damaged Windows User Profile.

Try creating a new user in Windows, or if you want to create a temporary one, you can always use the Hidden Windows Administrator Account. 

Since you mentioned you might not be the best with technology, I'd advise getting a friend or colleague who has some technical background to proceed at this point.

Note: I do not work for EA.

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 2 of 3 (279 Views)

★ Novice
Oh my gosh, thank you very,very,very much, I'm so grateful for my sims game to work after ages :Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (260 Views)