Re: Why did my Sim's last name change?

by Betawolf83

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why did my Sim's last name change?

★★★ Novice

Started a game,Sims 3 Seasons/Supernatural/Pets, my Sim was named Layla Kinder. After her second visit to Egypt, she was suddenly Layla Moussa. All her cats are still last name "Kinder". Why did hers change? She is not married, she IS best friends with a lady with the last name "Moussa" from Egypt. What happened  here?!

Message 1 of 3 (1,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Betawolf83  Honestly, it just sounds like a glitch.  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily, but in your case, this might have been more like a hiccup.  As long as your save doesn't show any signs of corruption, it's probably fine.  But I'd check all the panels in your sim's user interface, and the ones for her pets as well, for any weirdness.  Pay particular attention to the relationship panels and family trees, if you have any.

If you see any signs that your game is behaving oddly, it might be best to backtrack to a prior save if you have one, hopefully from before your sim returned home.  You also might want, as a test, to send her back to Egypt and see how her relationships are listed.  (You don't have to save after you do this.)  Otherwise, just change her name back and keep playing.  But at the very least, use "save as" instead of "save" the next time you save.  This way, the game will keep the current save state as a backup, in case things start to go wrong later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,220 Views)

All Replies

@Betawolf83  Honestly, it just sounds like a glitch.  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily, but in your case, this might have been more like a hiccup.  As long as your save doesn't show any signs of corruption, it's probably fine.  But I'd check all the panels in your sim's user interface, and the ones for her pets as well, for any weirdness.  Pay particular attention to the relationship panels and family trees, if you have any.

If you see any signs that your game is behaving oddly, it might be best to backtrack to a prior save if you have one, hopefully from before your sim returned home.  You also might want, as a test, to send her back to Egypt and see how her relationships are listed.  (You don't have to save after you do this.)  Otherwise, just change her name back and keep playing.  But at the very least, use "save as" instead of "save" the next time you save.  This way, the game will keep the current save state as a backup, in case things start to go wrong later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! I will do that. I don't mind the last name, I just really wanted to make sure something didn't just ... screw up in there. But your suggestions will help me figure that out! Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (1,211 Views)