Re: Why did EA steal from me??

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Why did EA steal from me??

★★★ Newbie

I bought a brand new sims 3 expansion pack, it had the two worlds Monte vista and hidden springs. It was still sealed perfectly, and had the $19.99 price tag on the game. I unwrapped it and tried to insert the code in origin but it said I had to insert the code on the ea website. Weird, but ok, fair enough. I inserted the code for the minute vista and the bonus chocolate fountain and they both worked. But when I tried to insert the code for hidden springs it was buffering forever. After about 5 minutes I tried refreshing the page, where it told me that my code had already been used, and didn’t allow me to insert it. I’ve tried contacting them, but they don’t have an email? What??? And the wait to live chat or call them is ridiculous I can’t stay up for a month waiting to get in touch with them. This is absolutely ridiculous never buying an ea product again. Anyone have any solutions??

Message 1 of 2 (406 Views)

Re: Why did EA steal from me??

@PrincessCord0000  It sounds like the site had an error during the registration process.  It's possible that your code did go through, and you just need to clear your browser cache or use another browser (or a private window).  Sign into the store site and see whether the Hidden Springs is listed as owned; you can also look for it in your purchase history, or try to download it directly from its product page.

https://store.thesims3.com/hiddenSprings.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

This isn't a case of EA stealing from you, it's a case of the website not working as well as it did ten years ago, and not on all browsers.  Firefox and Internet Explorer do better than Chrome or Safari.  These things do happen, but it's usually simple enough to get it fixed.

The problem with EA support is that several very popular titles have just been released.  With all the players needing help, there have been excessively long waits for a few weeks.  But you can try contacting support at off times (I used to have zero wait when I tried around midnight U.S. Pacific time) or possibly changing your location on the EA help site to U.S. or U.K.  A live chat session should be able to sort out the problem quickly, once you manage to get in.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)