Why cant I start and play Sims 3

by cletuscoda1994

Original Post

Why cant I start and play Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I redeemed my product code on origin several months after I bought the game disks. However, I finally was able to download the Sims and the expansions I bought on Origin. However, when I try to play it it goes to the Launch screen then a message pops up saying  it failed to launch, for more information see log for details. I dont know about the log or anything. I've tried everything I know in sort of trying to install the disks onto my laptop. I did have the disks installed on a different laptop but that one is old and slow. I want it installed on my new one. Any help is amazing. PLease. 

Message 1 of 2 (250 Views)

Re: Why cant I start and play Sims 3

@cletuscoda1994  Hi, I'm sorry no one replied to you sooner.  I don't frequent the Origin forum, and I only just saw your thread.  (And I moved it over to the Sims 3 section.)

If you're still having this issue, I'd be happy to try to help.  A bit more information would be helpful.  Have you ever uninstalled and reinstalled on the newer computer?  Which packs have you installed, and how?  (Did you install any via disc, or just Origin?)  It would also be great to see a dxdiag.  You can run one and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)