Why cant I connect door to middle stairs ?

by Tigerrun777

Original Post

Why cant I connect door to middle stairs ?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am using configurable stairs and I want a door going from the middle stairs but the top of the middle stairs come to the middle of my wall. How to get the middle stairs to connect to a floor for my 2nd floor?

Message 1 of 7 (1,236 Views)

Re: Why cant I connect door to middle stairs ?

Champion (Retired)

You need to create a landing at the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (1,229 Views)

Champion

@Tigerrun777 You need to make the door on a landing tile where the stairs join the 2nd floor.

As you stated, the second bend in your staircase is 8 steps up and is in the middle of a floor. You cannot make a door in the middle of the wall - or at that height. A door must be on a floor (1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.). 

Note: Your 2nd bend in your staircase is 8 steps up. It will need to be at a total of 12 steps up (all steps added together, not including the bend in the steps) to reach to the next floor at the lowest wall height. The number of steps needed between floors also changes per wall height.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have further issues with them.  

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 7 (1,180 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The middle stairs I want to connect to a door just like the staircases do in Hogwarts from the Harry Potter films like there is a door at each landing the top of each staircas.

Message 4 of 7 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tigerrun777 In Sims you could make something similar if you create open areas around the stairways, plus if you make sure that the stairways end at at a 'floor' (2nd floor, 3rd floor, etc.). Following is a video I made with some loose layout of a build with an open area and stairs in the middle - with doors exiting their landings to a 2nd and 3rd floor. It's nowhere near the exact layout of your image, plus I did not add pics and wall coverings, but it should give you some idea of that I'm talking about:
https://youtu.be/f1KrGsx2ako

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

Message 5 of 7 (1,155 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thankyou so much for the helpful tutorial this is exactly what I was looking for. It is very helpful and thanks again for understanding you are very nice.

Message 6 of 7 (1,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tigerrun777 Thank you so much for letting us know! It was my pleasure, and I hope you have a lot of fun constructing and playing in your Hogwarts-style building! 

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

Message 7 of 7 (1,137 Views)