Re: Why can you not uninstall an expansion pack without uninstalling the base ga

by crinrict

Original Post

Why can you not uninstall an expansion pack without uninstalling the base game

★ Novice
I just wanted to uninstall outdoor retreat because I don't ever use it (Sims never travel, no camping etc). I want to save space but why can't I delete it without deleting everything?
Message 1 of 4 (455 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why can you not uninstall an expansion pack without uninstalling the base ga

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Cherrymarie9

There is a way but you need to keep Origin from re-downloading it (turn off automatic game updates) and it's not supported by EA so you'll be doing it at your own risk.

To delete the pack, go to programs(x86)\Origin_Games\thesims4 (path may vary depending on your installation) and find folders GP01 (which should be Outdoor Retreat).

Delete all instances of this folder you find within thesims4. This should delete the expansion pack from your game.

It's possible that Origin decides to re-download it on the next update but if you do the update manually, you can cancel the download right away if it does.

Again, this is at your own risk although I haven't heard of any negative effects doing this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (440 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, I've read about doing this and don't want to do it this way. Just wondered why it isn't supported but ea
Message 3 of 4 (419 Views)

Hero

I have no idea why they don't offer the installation of DLC separatly. It used to be possible so I guess it has to do with Origin.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that it can lead to unexpected effects if you have a save game with certain packs present and then remove the pack.

I would post in this forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en suggesting that they implement uninstalling of DLC separately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (382 Views)