Re: Why can't I use existing simpoints to buy Dragon Valley? It wants to charge my credit card again.

by dustydog4

Original Post

Why can't I use existing simpoints to buy Dragon Valley? It wants to charge my credit card again.

★★★ Newbie

I have enough simpoints to purchase Dragon Valley but no option to use simpoints , it just wants to charge my credit card again. I just now bought simpoints to buy Dragon Valley and a few other things but I try to buy them and it wants to charge my credit card again, but I want to use my sim points. what's going on? thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (2,311 Views)

Re: Why can't I use existing simpoints to buy Dragon Valley? It wants to charge my credit card again.

Hero

For some obscure legal reason, EA can no longer offer worlds that will be sold retail through Simpoints. Monte Vista had the same issue. Dragon Valley is coming out on disc or digital download through Orgin in August and because of this, it can't be sold via Simpoints.

This is just how it is and we all have to live with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,308 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Ok, thank you, I can handle that. But it does say you can buy worlds with your sim points, and it would have been nice if they told you that on the page when you were buying sim points.

Message 3 of 7 (2,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What sucks even more is I have had the same system error when trying to buy anything through sims3. I finally figured I could buy simpoints through Origin but now because I have to buy Dragon Valley - I can't because of the stupid system error. What do I have to do to get this fixed? It's been going on for months.

Message 4 of 7 (2,294 Views)

Hero

You can buy worlds, just not DV and MV.

Next time, you should check out the Worlds forum at thesims3.com (US Forum). They make announcements there how the world is working.

@sammtin: You need to contact customer support for that

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,272 Views)

Re: Why can't I use existing simpoints to buy Dragon Valley? It wants to charge

★★ Novice

Thank you I was so worried that it is because of my computer. so I am glad that somebody had asked the same question, as well as answered that question thank you.

@crinrict wrote:

For some obscure legal reason, EA can no longer offer worlds that will be sold retail through Sim-points. Monte Vista had the same issue. Dragon Valley is coming out on disc or digital download through Origin in August and because of this, it can't be sold via Sim-points.

This is just how it is and we all have to live with that.

Message 6 of 7 (445 Views)

Re: Why can't I use existing simpoints to buy Dragon Valley? It wants to charge

Community Manager

This post is from 2013, I'll be locking it down to prevent further necroposting.

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example. 

AHQ Rules & Guidelines

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (425 Views)