Re: Why can't I place houses and rooms from the gallery?

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can't I place houses and rooms from the gallery?

★★★★★ Novice

Hello to all, 

After installing Snowy Escape, I ran into some issues. I downloaded some houses and rooms from the gallery. Everything was going fine until I got to Glimmerbrook. When I try to place houses there, it will go to the loading screen like it usually does when building or placing a build, but then after it stops, I see the same lot that was there previously. Nothing changes. When I tried to place one of the rooms in a San Myshuno apartment, the game crashed. I knew that there had been many glitches involving game crashes with the game. I made sure to update my game once to 1.68.156.1020, as I knew it was supposed to resolve the issues. Unfortunately, when I tried to place houses and apartments again, I encountered the same problem. I took my tray folder out and tried and again, and it worked. Now, I suspect it is something in my tray folder. I don't want to delete the folder and start over new as I have sims and lots I'd like to keep. Has anyone experienced this or know a way to get around this?

Message 1 of 2 (1,741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@SimCraz3d 

Does this happen every time you try to place a lot or a room in an apartment or is just with certain lots or rooms?

I have gotten a couple of lots before that just wouldn't work.  They either wouldn't install or they would cause a crash.  Once I had a never ending screen where I finally had to crash the game to desktop via Task Manager. 

So if it's just one or two lots or rooms, you just may have been unlucky with what you downloaded.  Another thing that could have happened too is your internet or Gallery could have had a hiccup during the download which can damage a downloaded file.  The only way I know to find out which lots are causing problems is to try to install them in the game.  If they don't work, delete them from your tray.  That's what I do.  If you really want one of those lots, you can always download it again and try again.  It may work the second time if something happened during the first download to corrupt the download.

But if this is happening with every lot you try then your issue may not be because the lots are glitched.  It could be something else.

In any case, you might want to delete your localthumbcache.package file and let the game generate a new one.  And a game repair may help too.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,699 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@SimCraz3d 

Does this happen every time you try to place a lot or a room in an apartment or is just with certain lots or rooms?

I have gotten a couple of lots before that just wouldn't work.  They either wouldn't install or they would cause a crash.  Once I had a never ending screen where I finally had to crash the game to desktop via Task Manager. 

So if it's just one or two lots or rooms, you just may have been unlucky with what you downloaded.  Another thing that could have happened too is your internet or Gallery could have had a hiccup during the download which can damage a downloaded file.  The only way I know to find out which lots are causing problems is to try to install them in the game.  If they don't work, delete them from your tray.  That's what I do.  If you really want one of those lots, you can always download it again and try again.  It may work the second time if something happened during the first download to corrupt the download.

But if this is happening with every lot you try then your issue may not be because the lots are glitched.  It could be something else.

In any case, you might want to delete your localthumbcache.package file and let the game generate a new one.  And a game repair may help too.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (1,700 Views)