Why can't I open the sims 3?. And why can't I uninstall cc from the launcher?

by ruthmoses

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can't I open the sims 3?. And why can't I uninstall cc from the launcher?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I tried to open my game, it crashed before it even opened. And when I tried to uninstall some cc from the launcher the box pops up then crashes and nothing uninstalls. This didn't start happening till now and I don't know why. How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why can't I open the sims 3?. And why can't I uninstall cc from the launcher

@ruthmoses  It sounds like you have some bad custom content.  While that may or may not have caused the original issue, you'll need to deal with it now if you want to be able to uninstall cc in the future, or install anything else through the launcher for that matter.  Try Method by Mell, described here:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

If you still can't play even after cleaning out the bad cc, try removing all custom content (as in, move all the .dbc files out of the DCCache folder) and let me know whether you can load a save.  As long as you don't save your progress, you don't need to worry about missing content in your existing saves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (590 Views)

All Replies

Re: Why can't I open the sims 3?. And why can't I uninstall cc from the launcher

★★★★ Novice
@ruthmoses Also btw I play on windows 10
Message 2 of 4 (619 Views)

@ruthmoses  It sounds like you have some bad custom content.  While that may or may not have caused the original issue, you'll need to deal with it now if you want to be able to uninstall cc in the future, or install anything else through the launcher for that matter.  Try Method by Mell, described here:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

If you still can't play even after cleaning out the bad cc, try removing all custom content (as in, move all the .dbc files out of the DCCache folder) and let me know whether you can load a save.  As long as you don't save your progress, you don't need to worry about missing content in your existing saves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game works now. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (574 Views)