by o0RatBois0o

Original Post

Re: Why can't I install custom content for the sims 4 on my pc

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't work as well

Message 31 of 63 (4,295 Views)

★★ Novice

If you're copy / pasting them, then don't do that. Stop. Here's how it'll show up in the game:

.package files:

1.  When your custom content shows up in downloads, right click the file and select 'Cut'.
  2. Then go to the 'Mods' folder (Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4> Mods).
  3. You'll see a file saying 'Resource.cfg' is already in it, but don't delete that! You need it for custom content to show up in your game.
  4. Then right click and select 'Paste', and your cc file is now in the game.

FOR .zip FILES:

1. Right click on the zip file and select import. (My zip file looks like a purple book, a blue book and a green book tied together with a brown belt)
  2. After clicking import you'll get a mini screen saying 'Import to' and a list of places to import it. Import it too your desktop.
  3. Go to your desktop and there'll be a couple of .package files there.
  4. Right click the ones which you think are your cc and select 'cut' again.
  5. Paste them into the 'Mods' folder.

Hope this helped!

Message 32 of 63 (4,265 Views)

★★ Novice

Whenever Sims 4 gets an update it takes out all of your custom content so that it can make sure that the update works on your computer. To prevent this, check on the Sims 4 site to see if there's any update, and if there is, than make a new folder for your cc, place it there, and play the game with a premade family for fifteen-twenty minutes. Then exit the game, put all of your cc back in (Left click and hold, and keep going down with your mouse until a blue box has covered all of your cc files. Then Right click, 'Cut' and paste them into your 'Mods' folder for the Sims 4). 

And TA DA! 

If you already started the game without taking out your cc and there's an update, stay chill and play for 10 minutes then exit. Take out all of your cc, make a new folder for your cc and put all the cc files there. Then play your game for 15-20 minutes, exit, and put them back in.

Message 33 of 63 (4,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

FOr me the RAR files just looked the same as package files, do they actually need to be unzipped?

Edit: Downloaded 7zip and tried to unzip the RAR file, it gave me no option to do so.

Message 34 of 63 (4,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Why can't you copy paste? I preffer to use this method so I can keep an extra file in my downloads section just in case. If the game really does delete your CC then that's all the more reason to want to keep an extra copy in my downloads file.

Message 35 of 63 (4,243 Views)

Hero

If you have the extension .rar you need to unzip them, if they have .package you don't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 63 (4,238 Views)

★ Novice

Can you please help me to? I can't download cc either, when I try to it downloads a minecraft or photoshop file with the name of the cc I downloaded. What is the problem? Please help me

Message 37 of 63 (4,190 Views)

Seems the file type has been used by a different program. Have you tried just placing them in the mods folder?

You can change the default program:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

But it should work the same with the other programs attached.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 38 of 63 (4,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got my sims 4 for free on origin, so I'm pretty sure thats why i don't have an electronic arts file??? please help me

Message 39 of 63 (4,079 Views)

Hero

Hi @angieeland

what do you mean by for free ? Do you have Origin Access ? 

Did you start the game at least once ? Is it installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 63 (4,074 Views)