Why can I not open a business I created in a different lot type?

by Jazlyn1360

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can I not open a business I created in a different lot type?

★★ Novice

I am having issues with once i create my own business (cafe) and after saving the lot, i want to go to my lot that i created and it will not let me open up my business? What am I doing wrong or am I overlooking something? Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 10 (909 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why can I not open a business I created in a different lot type?

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you don't have dine out, you can only buy retail lots.

You cannot own cafes or any other venues (I don't know if there's a mod out there that lest you do that but with the game, you can't)

You can of course build cafes to visit but your family can't own them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (860 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Retail always needs to be retail lot type. You can't own a café

I might be misunderstanding your issue though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (896 Views)

★★★ Expert

In Build Mode make sure the Lot type is correct - RETAIL or RESTAURANT then be sure you have everything that type of lot requires. There will be an exclamation piont in the top bar in build mode if it is missing things it needs. Click there and it will give you a list of what you need to add to make it work.

Message 3 of 10 (888 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for replying. But I have created where once I create and have all the necessary items to complete a cafe, lounge, etc. I am able to run that vicinity. If I save and quit I am unable to return to do ownership on it,but I still visit it of course. But can't control employee,etc. I know I can do the retail ones but why have the option to use other lot types if you can't take ownership? Frown
Message 4 of 10 (872 Views)

★★ Novice
I have already done what the lot type needed. Just couldn't understand why I am able to take ownership of the lot type I built then if I go by to it I'm unable to take control of it again.Frown I was confused as to why? I do know I can do the retails only. Standard smile
Message 5 of 10 (871 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ? You can't own any other lot types then retail and restaurant.

If you change it to something else, you can't own them.

Do you have any other options then to buy a retail or a restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (863 Views)

★★ Novice
Do you think the reason may be is bc I don't have the 'Dine Out' xp pack yet?
Message 7 of 10 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you don't have dine out, you can only buy retail lots.

You cannot own cafes or any other venues (I don't know if there's a mod out there that lest you do that but with the game, you can't)

You can of course build cafes to visit but your family can't own them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (861 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate the feedback. You have helped me for the game. Happy Simming! Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (847 Views)

Hero

Just to be clear, with Dine Out, the only other venue type you can own are restaurants.

Cafe and such are currently not ownable with ANY pack

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (845 Views)