Why can I not find the newest patch

by flaoties

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can I not find the newest patch

★ Novice

Hi all simmers, I wanted to download Monte Vista into my game but It said I needed the newest patch (1.70) However I cannot find the update help. I even reinstalled my game and nothing. Im currently stuck on version 1.69 and this is very frustrating.

Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why can I not find the newest patch

@flaoties  Patch 1.70 is the designation for the 64-bit Mac version of Sims 3.  You can't install it in Windows and don't need to have it in order to download store content.

Instead, go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and delete any copies of Monte Vista you see there.  Then download a fresh copy and try to install it.  Let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (304 Views)

All Replies

@flaoties  Patch 1.70 is the designation for the 64-bit Mac version of Sims 3.  You can't install it in Windows and don't need to have it in order to download store content.

Instead, go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and delete any copies of Monte Vista you see there.  Then download a fresh copy and try to install it.  Let me know whether it works.

Message 2 of 4 (305 Views)

★ Novice

Ok so actually, I managed to download it but when I run the game, it doesnt show in my Menu?

Message 3 of 4 (273 Views)

@flaoties  Did you also manually install Monte Vista?  You'd need to open the launcher's Downloads tab, check the box, and click Install.

If you already did this, please check the Downloads tab again and let me know whether MV shows up with a proper thumbnail or just a box.  If the latter, you probably have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Store-content-uninstalls-won-t-re...

Message 4 of 4 (258 Views)