Re: Why aren’t my expansion, game or stuff packs loading in sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Why aren’t my expansion, game or stuff packs loading in sims 4

★★★ Newbie
  1. So I went to go play sims this morning. Origin isn’t working so I went into sims 4 by clicking on the app itself, it usually works. But it loaded and then it was all base game. I have all the expansion packs, 5 game packs and 3 stuff packs. None of them loaded at all. I restarted my computer and tried again but they still aren’t loading. What do I do? 
Message 1 of 9 (26,011 Views)

@gabiwooby2  This can happen sometimes when Origin isn't working properly, or when it's in offline mode.  I'm not sure exactly what the cause is, but the simplest fix is to get Origin to load properly.  Please try clearing its cache (Windows) or running the Origin reset tool (macOS).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If this doesn't help, let me know what OS you have, both Windows/Mac and the version.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (25,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict it not working for me and i have this same problem and have been trying so many things and it is still not work
Message 3 of 9 (25,930 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kovu321  Are you getting any error messages?  If so, please post a screenshot.  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and do you have the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition?  Which packs are missing?

Message 4 of 9 (25,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had this exact same problem. I loaded the game while Origin was offline and it didn't include any of my stuff or expansion pack content. My internet is severely throttled right now so it was timing out when trying to connect and Origin wanted to update again-- it usually takes over an hour for Origin to update but this time it took about 6 hours to update. Once it updated, all I got was gray boxes and it's icon shows it is still trying to load-- which it has been doing for over an hour now. I even tried to see if I could launch the game via Steam but that didn't work.

I tried the troubleshooting methods of clearing the cache by deleting the files (both in %AppData% and %ProgramData%- excluding the LocalContent folder) and rebooting several times to no avail. Origin just refuses to load.

I really miss being able to play my Sims games offline and wish they would restore that ability. I shouldn't have to login to play a game I paid for to play offline- especially when the main point was because my internet sucks and I wanted something I could use when it goes out.

I'm hoping they fix whatever this is soon or allow some sort of bypass so the game works without Origin & without connecting to the internet.

As an update, the green bar on the icon finally loaded all the way and I got a popup saying "Sims 4 is ready to play" but it is not anywhere in my task bar or screen and then the loading on Origin reset. As of now, Sims4 will not launch at all no matter what I do.

Message 5 of 9 (25,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem. I just downloaded cats and dogs and it has been about an hour since I downloaded it and I was wondering how long is it supposed to take and if I should re buy it to make sure?

Message 6 of 9 (25,515 Views)

@BananaBluey09  Definitely don't buy the pack a second time.  Instead, try restarting your computer and launching the game again.  Sometimes packs don't load properly the first time they're installed, for whatever reason, but rebooting and reloading usually fixes the issue.

If Cats & Dogs still doesn't show up, please go into the game files, located by default in Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.  Look for a folder labeled EP04 (C&D is the fourth expansion pack released).  If you don't see the folder, you'll need to redownload it from Origin: open your game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, find C&D on the list, and click Download.

If Origin thinks the pack is installed but it isn't, clear its cache, restart your computer, and look again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 7 of 9 (25,496 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Legacy seems like a virus for me. No matter which expansion I click or even the base game, legacy loads. And once I'm in legacy, I still can't access expansions, because when I click them it says offline and can't connect

Message 8 of 9 (13,773 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is older now, it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please go ahead and create a new thread so we can look into the issue with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 9 of 9 (13,640 Views)