by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why are my Sims stuck in a bed? Sims 4 Bed Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Get To Work and Sims 4 Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure that this bug can be re-created, but: I was attempting to WooHoo my sim to death, and the sims both got stuck in a WooHoo, they just wouldn't stop Woohooing. So I went into build mode and tried to move the bed, and it just disappeared. However, the bed was still being interacted by with my sims, so I attempted another WooHoo.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs, my sims are unable to act or move, and are just stuck in the invisible bed. The sim's calves are inside their thighs additionally.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims just WooHoo and get out of the bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://gyazo.com/8c934d381c5cc671578f073b5631adef

So this is what happened

My elder sim wouldn't die of old age even though the green bar has been full for over 2 weeks in Sims Time..

So I decided to try and get creative to kill him other ways.

My first attempt was to kill with WooHoo, but that didn't work for some reason.. and the Sims get stuck inside the bed. So I go into build mode and move the bed, and the bed just disappears out of my cursor. However, I can't place another bed where the bed was before, so I just went out of build mode. My sims keep interacting with it, and I tried a WooHoo again between the two sims. They get stuck inside the invisible bed that's nonexistent mid-WooHoo and nothing else can happen. My sim was just stuck there, and couldn't move or do anything else. So was the other female sim he was WooHooing with. My sim couldn't have a bladder failure, and couldn't die when he ran out of food. However, since he's stuck in the bed and I can't make him do anything, the Grim Reaper wouldn't show up and I can't switch worlds or save my game while a sim is dying. I haven't saved my game for a while- and I have tons of unsaved game data that I don't want to lose.

Message 1 of 3 (10,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why are my Sims stuck in a bed? Sims 4 Bed Glitch

Hero

These kinds of things are very hard to repro unless they happen on a regular basis. Sounds like something glitched out.

Best thing you can do is reset all your Sims and see if that helps but I doubt there's much you can do other than reloading the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (11,678 Views)

All Replies

Hero

These kinds of things are very hard to repro unless they happen on a regular basis. Sounds like something glitched out.

Best thing you can do is reset all your Sims and see if that helps but I doubt there's much you can do other than reloading the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (11,679 Views)

Hero

Nudge 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (10,258 Views)