Why Wont My Custom Content Work Anymore?

by quaelinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why Wont My Custom Content Work Anymore?

★★ Novice

This started a while ago. I haven't played the Sims (4) in a while, so I decided to play one day. It was working perfectly fine yesterday and nothing was out of the ordinary. I really like cc, so I use it on my sims often to the point where they all are just piles of cc stacked upon each other. I logged on and got onto the main menu. I have it enabled so that whenever I go on, it shows me the list of cc I have, however that didn't show up and I was confused but thought nothing of it. Then, I went to load up one of my households, but they weren't there, none of them. It treated me as a first time player, asking me if I needed to see the tutorial and whatnot. I went into my gallery where I had saved my households. They were all there, but when I tried to load them, all their cc disappeared. I checked my settings multiple times, tried to "re-update" the game, still didn't work. I tried to use the origin application to find what was wrong with it, but it saw nothing wrong. I then restart the game about three times, each time only checking to see if the custom content worked. When I went to actually play the game, everything ran smoothly with the characters that got stripped of their custom content and normal base game ones. To my disappointment, it didn't work, so I just gave up. Now, a few months after, I'm here trying to play again. I thought it would "re-build itself" after giving it some time, however, it remained the same. I checked in the past and now only to see that my cc was indeed still intact and not corrupted. I did the same exact thing before, still not working. I went to check my settings. Nothing worked. Even when I had mods enabled, nothing showed up before and after restarting the game. I even reset my computer multiple times, but it still did nothing. 

Message 1 of 3 (578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why Wont My Custom Content Work Anymore?

Champion (Retired)

It seems the game no longer uses the folder you have your CC in. Here is an easy way to find the folder the game uses. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (550 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

… I think since you checked before and seen your files aren't missing, try moving the The Sims 4 document folder to a different location, and then run the game. Then, copy the custom content to the new The Sims 4 document folder that gets created due to no folder existing at that location. I haven't tried it yet, but it might work. Then, if it works, try copying your saves as well.

Message 2 of 3 (561 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It seems the game no longer uses the folder you have your CC in. Here is an easy way to find the folder the game uses. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 3 (551 Views)