Who Let The Cats & Dogs Out? (Broken DLC?)

by DojaBat929

Original Post

Who Let The Cats & Dogs Out? (Broken DLC?)

★★ Novice

Excuse the reference but yeah, I'm having trouble with my DLCs. I recently had to repair my game due to an issue that arose while downloading the Strangerville game pack. I resolved that issue but now that I've got everything ELSE up and running, my Cats & Dogs pack that I've had installed for the best part of two years suddenly won't load in the game. When I go into the Origin client, it says that Cats & Dogs is purchased and installed but once I'm actually in the game, none of the content shows up. Many bald/undressed sims and missing pets. I'm not sure how to make the pack start showing up in game again. I've since tried repairing the game again but to no success unfortunately. What do I do?

Extra info: My base game is TS4 Deluxe Edition and I run the game on my PC. I have no mods or custom content installed.

Message 1 of 2 (316 Views)

Re: Who Let The Cats & Dogs Out? (Broken DLC?)

@DojaBat929  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, and repair again.  Look for the content in-game, not just on your sims—if you saved with missing content, they could still be missing their hair and clothing—but in Build/Buy as well; and see whether Brindleton Bay shows up as a world to which they can travel.

If this doesn't help, try deleting the folder for Cats & Dogs from within the game's program files, then redownloading it.  The folder is labeled EP04 (Cats & Dogs is the fourth expansion pack), and unless you changed the default install path in Origin, it will be here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Once you've deleted the folder, clear Origin's cache, restart, and redownload it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (287 Views)