Re: Who Keeps Sending These Achievement Can't Complete

by Panda14616

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Who Keeps Sending These Achievement Can't Complete

★★ Apprentice

I am trying to get the achievements for Island Paradise but I am having trouble with the "Who keeps sending these" achievement to collect ten messages in a bottle. I have Deleted and let the game create a new electronic arts folder in my documents, deleted all the cache files, started a brand new character and world and nothing. I made a new town and single sims had her collect 20 underwater bottles and 20 land bottles didn't trigger. Does anyone know of anyway to complete this with or without cheats?

Message 1 of 6 (668 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Panda14616  This achievement has been borked for a long time, and it's almost impossible to complete.  Many players have tried under all sorts of circumstances, almost always without success.  The only way I've read to complete it is to install only the base game and Island Paradise via disc, and manually patch to 1.55, the patch that coincided with IP's release (or perhaps came immediately after).  Otherwise, even cheats and a giant pile of mods won't help.

If you don't have discs to install from, then I'm sorry to say, there's probably no way to get this badge.  It's unfortunate, but this is simply one of many things that EA never fixed about TS3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (662 Views)

All Replies

@Panda14616  This achievement has been borked for a long time, and it's almost impossible to complete.  Many players have tried under all sorts of circumstances, almost always without success.  The only way I've read to complete it is to install only the base game and Island Paradise via disc, and manually patch to 1.55, the patch that coincided with IP's release (or perhaps came immediately after).  Otherwise, even cheats and a giant pile of mods won't help.

If you don't have discs to install from, then I'm sorry to say, there's probably no way to get this badge.  It's unfortunate, but this is simply one of many things that EA never fixed about TS3.

Message 2 of 6 (663 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Someone had said there was a cheat to unlock achievements but I can't find it and the thread is old so probably won't get a response.  If anyone knows a way please let me know. I play the game on steam so no disk.

Message 3 of 6 (646 Views)

@Panda14616  There are cheats to unlock certain kinds of achievements, and mods that help with others, but I haven't heard of any way to directly force-grant a badge.  If you'd like to ask around though, there's a thread on the official Sims forums that's specifically about earning badges.  The Sims 3 section of the forums still gets plenty of traffic, and you'll almost certainly get a response, probably more than one.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889717/achievement-thread-guide-on-how-to-achieve-them

Or, if you're already a member there, you could start you own discussion asking for help.  (New members can't start threads.)  But I would guess you'd get the same response, since that's my own source for the issues with this particular badge.

Message 4 of 6 (641 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I still have not been able to get this achievement. There was a lot I downloaded created with and older version of the game and even that did not work. I also went to the link provided and got nowhere. does anyone know of anyway to get this achievement playing on steam without having to uninstall anything?

Message 5 of 6 (528 Views)

@Panda14616  All I've ever read is that this achievement is broken, it's been broken since a patch soon after Island Paradise was released, and there's nothing to be done unless you have discs and can patch manually.  Nor is there a cheat I know of that would have any effect at all.  But you can always ask on other sites, in case someone happens to know.  There isn't much traffic here, other than people asking their own questions.

Message 6 of 6 (522 Views)