Re: White screen

by princess141618

Original Post

Accepted Solution

White screen

★★ Novice

Every time I’ve downloaded a new expansion pack I’ve have a problem (I have it now) which is that when I open the game the music starts as usual and the blue opening as usual but then the screen turns white and the music keeps playing like nothing happens , I’ve connected 2 ea agents and nothing helped and it doesn’t let me contact another agent so please help me✨

Message 1 of 5 (463 Views)

Accepted Solution

@princess141618  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help either, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If the game works in a clean folder, you can move your saves and other content into it from the old folder.  It's best to do so in batches, testing each time, so you know right away if something causes the game to stop working again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (459 Views)

All Replies

@princess141618  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help either, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If the game works in a clean folder, you can move your saves and other content into it from the old folder.  It's best to do so in batches, testing each time, so you know right away if something causes the game to stop working again.

Message 2 of 5 (460 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank u! It helped! It won’t hurt anything in my origin or game right?

Message 3 of 5 (450 Views)

@princess141618  Disabling Origin in-game shouldn't affect how you play Sims 4 at all.  It's an interface for chatting while playing, useful for multiplayer games where teams need to coordinate but probably completely irrelevant for most Sims players.

The clean folder, if you needed to use it, wouldn't hurt your game either.  You're just moving your content elsewhere temporarily, in case it's an issue, and then adding it back later once the game works again.  Nothing gets deleted, just moved out of the way.

Message 4 of 5 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 5 (434 Views)