Re: White screen when starting new game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

White screen when starting new game

★★ Apprentice

For over a month, whenever I try to play this game, it gets stuck on a white screen when I click new game and it only happens when I have mods installed, which is 100% of the time I play. I tried finding a loop hole by going to create a sim on an old save file, but that just resulted in an infinite loading screen. And before you ask, I already ruled out all of my mods. It's not a specific mod or combination of mods, it's the fact I'm using mods in general. It's as if the game decided it didn't want me using mods anymore.

Message 1 of 6 (476 Views)

@ratboy81  I'm not sure how you ruled out your mods, but assuming the files themselves are fine, the issue could also be the Mods folder.  So please move that entire folder to your desktop and launch the game to create a new one.  Just to be thorough, please download a fresh copy of one mod, something confirmed compatible with the latest patch level, and add it to the Mods folder, but don't add anything else yet.  Just let me know whether you still get a white screen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (452 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Already tried it, still white screen.

Message 3 of 6 (435 Views)

@ratboy81  Alright, try moving the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  If the game works, great, you can start adding your content to the new Sims 4 folder.  If you get another white screen, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 6 (433 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That was one of the first things I did, obviously it didn't work.

Message 5 of 6 (422 Views)

@ratboy81  Are you going to post a dxdiag?

You didn't previously mention trying a clean folder, and I didn't want to waste anyone's time if the solution was that simple.

Message 6 of 6 (413 Views)