Re: White dots appearing on sims while using cc?

by kreatora

Original Post

White dots appearing on sims while using cc?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I don’t know if it’s a specific cc or not. Today I downloaded the Slice of Life mod and I unzipped everything in the folders and then added it to the Mods folder. I also downloaded slider mods for height, hips, breasts and butt. I’m not sure if these mods caused the problem because I’ve had this I  problem with white dots on cc but I’ve been able to fix it by simply changing the outfit. Today, however, I couldn’t fix it. I was playing on a household with three female sims, and one of them had the white dots. I changed her outfit and they still stayed. At first I thought it was a cc blush I had been using for her, it came with the Slice of Life mod and I could access it from the CAS menu. I took the blush off and the white dots persisted. One thing to note is that the cc hair I was using for her, which was black, had turned blonde. I’m not sure if this is of importance though. Everyone in the household had mods on them (sliders mod) but the other two members were fine. So I made a new household with one female sim. She had white dots all over her too. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it?

well crap I’ve posted this in the wrong place I’m actually using windows but I don’t want to rewrite this

Message 1 of 4 (12,042 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@iPixelProblem

Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (12,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked! Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 4 (6,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, I am working through all my mods, but I have a question. Would this cause the game to kill the character that has white blotches?

Message 4 of 4 (3,093 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help