White Glitch Screen

by 0JayTopia0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

White Glitch Screen

★★ Novice

I can still play the Sims 4 game, but every couple of minutes the screen will go white and then back to normal. This is recent but continuous. I have every pack installed, I have completely wiped my computer multiple times, no mods, everything is clean. I have the Hp all in one desktop computer, with everything updated. Looking at similar topics, it seems like the screen will go white and make the game unplayable, but mine comes back, it feels like the screen is constantly glitching. This has been happening since around the end of June, I figured it was some type of update issue, but with the game updates, I'm not sure what's going on.

Message 1 of 14 (1,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: White Glitch Screen

@0JayTopia0  Thanks for the detailed info.  You do have the proper graphics driver, and since you already did a clean uninstall and reinstall, the next step would normally be to try a driver directly from Intel.  However, HP often blocks installation of drivers not provided by HP itself, and it's a little complicated to force-install it and might not help anyway.

So I'd suggest first trying to play on lower graphics settings: try high instead of ultra, and if that's fine, raise the settings one at a time until the problem comes back.  If high settings are a problem, drop them to medium and test again.  If you do find a particular setting that causes a white screen, for example putting Objects on High is a problem but everything else is fine, I'd be curious to know what that is.

It's also worth mentioning that a couple of players have said GShade is causing a white screen in Sims 4.  I'm not sure whether this only happens on certain settings, but if you do use GShade, you'll need to remove it or find some settings (GShade or in-game) that work better, at least until GShade gets updated to address the issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (1,354 Views)

All Replies

@0JayTopia0  Do you play any other games, and does this ever happen in those games or at any other time?  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 14 (1,506 Views)

★★ Novice

The dxdiag is attached. I play other games like prison architect and two point hospital, and those can lag at times, but the Sims 4 is the only game that glitches like that. As of now the only thing I have on my computer is the sims 4 and origin. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,484 Views)

@0JayTopia0  Your dxdiag lists a number of crashes of the graphics driver, and that would explain the white screens you're seeing.  So you'll need to install a new driver.  Because HP makes it impossible for me to be sure I'm looking at the correct download page, you'll need to find it yourself.  Go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/desktops

Enter your computer's serial number, choose the OS (Windows 11) if prompted, and you'll land on the download page for your desktop.  Under Drivers - Graphics, check the date and version number for the newest Intel graphics driver.  Your current driver's version ends in .2079 and the listed date is May 25, although that date can be a few days different from the one on the download page.

If there is a newer driver, confirmed by a higher version number, just install it and restart your computer.  If the newest driver is the same as the one you already have, you'll need to do a clean install instead.  Download the driver, then follow the instructions here:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

If you're not sure what you're looking at, feel free to link the download page instead.  That page doesn't list any information about your own computer, just the overall model.

Message 4 of 14 (1,475 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so I have finally gotten all of the drivers updated on my computer from hp, the game is updated, with no mods or anything. The screen still glitches white.

Message 5 of 14 (1,321 Views)

@0JayTopia0  Please test fullscreen or windowed mode, whichever you don't normally use and let me know whether you get a white screen there too.

Please also post a new dxdiag so I can see how things look post-updates.

Message 6 of 14 (1,304 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so it seems like instead of the white screen coming, the game just freezes and my sims look weird. Attached09-03-22_2-26-06 PM.png is the image of my sims and the dxdiag.

Message 7 of 14 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]

@0JayTopia0  Did you actually do a clean uninstall of the graphics driver, as described in the article I linked?  I ask because your new dxdiag lists more errors from the driver, in fact there are so many that they've crowded out everything else in that section.  It's not enough to run updates; you actually need to manually remove the driver and install a fresh copy.

Message 8 of 14 (1,231 Views)

★★ Novice

I redid what the article said I did it for the intel, was I supposed to do it for the NIVIDA one as well? my graphics installer has both. I did the Intel one and the game still has the sim being weird looking. I am going to try to uninstall the sims and reinstall them again with a new household.NVIDIA vs Intel.jpg

Message 9 of 14 (1,184 Views)

@0JayTopia0  Your computer doesn't appear to have an Nvidia graphics card, so no, you wouldn't need to install an Nvidia driver.  If you think the laptop was supposed to come with an Nvidia GPU, please link me the product page (for the exact model) or something else so I can double-check.  Please also look in the Device Manager: hit Windows key-X, choose the Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section, and let me know whether you see anything from Nvidia.

Message 10 of 14 (1,178 Views)