Which one of these computers would be better for TS4?

by anarchtopus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Which one of these computers would be better for TS4?

★★★★ Novice

I plan on buying myself a new computer for Christmas, mostly for The Sims 4 but probably a few other games. My budget is $1000-ish. I want to be able to play the game at ultra graphics with almost all packs and tons of mods. Suggestions for other computers besides these would be welcome.

Thank you
Message 1 of 3 (222 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Which one of these computers would be better for TS4?

[ Edited ]

@anarchtopus  The second computer is better for Sims 4 because it has a faster graphics card, which would be the limiting factor.  However, even the first computer can run all current Sims 4 packs together on ultra graphics settings with plenty of room to spare.  I would expect it to be able to run any future packs on ultra settings too.

So if saving $110 matters to you, you'll be absolutely fine with the first computer.  If just want the faster option, get the second one.  And if you want to see other options as well, feel free to ask, but I think you've found some excellent ones already.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@anarchtopus  The second computer is better for Sims 4 because it has a faster graphics card, which would be the limiting factor.  However, even the first computer can run all current Sims 4 packs together on ultra graphics settings with plenty of room to spare.  I would expect it to be able to run any future packs on ultra settings too.

So if saving $110 matters to you, you'll be absolutely fine with the first computer.  If just want the faster option, get the second one.  And if you want to see other options as well, feel free to ask, but I think you've found some excellent ones already.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (219 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (182 Views)