Which computer is better for Sims 3?

by MelStarr4201

Original Post

Which computer is better for Sims 3?

★★★ Newbie

I'm looking for a new computer but need help purchasing more than just a basic laptop. Please!!!!!    😁    I play Sims 3, and would like to be able to play with all expansion packs at once with decent graphics. Other uses would be internet browsing, light schoolwork, and maybe edit a picture or two here and there.

I've found these... Are they to little? Overkill for just Sims? They look good to my untrained eye, but if anyone has some helpful info or suggestions, I'm all ears!! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2 (389 Views)

Re: Which computer is better for Sims 3?

@MelStarr4201  Both those laptops should run Sims 3, all packs included, on ultra graphics settings, minust the two settings (water and high-detail lots) that the game engine itself doesn't handle well.  The second one's hardware is overkill for Sims 3, not that it's a bad thing.  Personally, I'd prefer a laptop with a 512 GB solid state drive, just so I didn't have to manage space on a smaller drive, but a combination 256 GB SSD/1 TB HDD is a perfectly viable alternative.

If you'd like other suggestions, I'd be happy to take a look.  Just list your budget and country, as well as any other considerations, for example if you're thinking about playing other games or running other demanding applications.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)