Re: Which One?

by Holger1405

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@StellaM_333  No, and no.  Neither one has a dedicated graphics card at all, and neither would give you anywhere near the same performance as a laptop with a 1650.  The first would probably handle medium settings fine; the second might not do even that well.

It's unlikely that you'll find a new laptop with an Nvidia 1650 for cheaper than the Acer from Best Buy, although deals do occasionally appear for a day or two.  But looking for something significantly cheaper is going to leave you with either a low-end dedicated card or a medium-strength (or worse) integrated card.  Neither is going to handle ultra settings, unless you plan on only playing with the base game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 18 (265 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok that makes sense. I’m wondering if this one could work because I think it has almost the same specs. Can you check it out? I really like the look of this one more than the others.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-i5-9300H-Processor-81LK00HDUS/dp/B07VC55LF5/ref=pd_di_sccai_1/...

Message 12 of 18 (233 Views)

@StellaM_333  Yes, it would definitely work.  But consider this one that I mentioned before instead:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/IdeaPad-Gaming-3i-15%E2%80%9D/p/...

It has a slightly stronger processor, an Nvidia 1650 ti, and it's $130 cheaper than the one on Amazon.  It's just this year's version of the same laptop.  Other than the lower corners of the screen, it looks pretty much the same too.

Message 13 of 18 (222 Views)

Message 14 of 18 (208 Views)

@StellaM_333  That's not close in performance to the others.  A 1650 is about 250% faster in games than a 950M, and although that's just an average, it would probably be at least twice as fast in Sims 4.  The 950M was a decent card for Sims games when it was released but is now five years old.

Message 15 of 18 (203 Views)

Message 16 of 18 (199 Views)

[ Edited ]

@StellaM_333  It says Out of Stock.  However, that's exactly the same base model I linked a little while ago, it just has a different storage configuration and a slightly slower graphics card.  I think I linked this exact configuration from B&H too, back on page 1.

Look, I don't know what it is you're looking for that you're not seeing in the options I link.  But there aren't that many options out there.  This year's Lenovo IdeaPad has one chassis, so it'll look the same no matter what hardware is inside.  Last year's model has a very slightly different chassis, and last year's hardware.  You're not going to find this year's hardware in last year's skin, unless some website accidentally switches the photos around.

Message 17 of 18 (193 Views)

@StellaM_333 

This one that @puzzlezaddict mentioned:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/IdeaPad-Gaming-3i-15%E2%80%9D/p/... 

has the almost exact same case (Looks) as the one you linked.

Plus a better GPU a better CPU and it is cheaper. (In fact very cheap for this Equipment) Wondering

I doubt you will find something better for the same price.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 18 (177 Views)