Re: Where to buy fruit/food/etc (as in a supermarket) in Oasis Landing?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where to buy fruit/food/etc (as in a supermarket) in Oasis Landing?

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, maybe I'm being stupid, but where do I buy fruits and veg in Oasis Landing (in the Into the Future addon)?  For example a watermelon so I can plant them.   I can see no supermarket (not sure what the American word for that is).

Message 1 of 8 (3,230 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Sunny_Rio  Correct.  But if you don't want to ruin the vibe of the future, you could place the store, buy what you want, and then delete it immediately.

I guess with the food synthesizers available, the local population doesn't really need fresh ingredients.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (3,204 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@Sunny_Rio  By default, there is no grocery store in Oasis Landing.  (It's called a grocery store in-game, but "supermarket" works fine as well, at least in the U.S.)  If you want, you can place one via Edit Town, and it will work like any other grocery store in any other world.

Message 2 of 8 (3,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks.  So there's nowhere by default I could buy a watermelon?  I have to bring one from the past or add a store?

Message 3 of 8 (3,210 Views)

@Sunny_Rio  Correct.  But if you don't want to ruin the vibe of the future, you could place the store, buy what you want, and then delete it immediately.

I guess with the food synthesizers available, the local population doesn't really need fresh ingredients.

Message 4 of 8 (3,205 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I placed a grocery store and it works ok, just like in the past.

I'm not familiar with food synthesisers, I only just got the future addon.  I tried one in the community lot and I can only order meals?

Message 5 of 8 (3,194 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Oh my god!!! You can buy African Grey parrots in that addon! I have three of those in real life! I am so happy! The Sims play with them and teach them to talk!
Message 6 of 8 (3,171 Views)

@Sunny_Rio  Yeah, that's what I meant about the food synthesizers: they create whole dishes, so no need for the locals to cook.

That's pretty cool about the parrots though.  I haven't done much with pets myself, and I only know how birds are from other people's anecdotes.  It sounds like the features are well done though.

Message 7 of 8 (3,115 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Sunny_Rio  Yeah, that's what I meant about the food synthesizers: they create whole dishes, so no need for the locals to cook.

That's pretty cool about the parrots though.  I haven't done much with pets myself, and I only know how birds are from other people's anecdotes.  It sounds like the features are well done though.

But my Sim loved gardening before he went into the future.  Oh well, he has a supermarket now.

Yes the parrots are very life like.  I didn't know they existed until a hawk landed in the garden, so I hovered the mouse over it and got the option to befriend it.  He now has it as a pet.  When I looked for things for it, I found a bird table/perch arrangement, and noticed I could buy a few parrots aswell.  I'll have to try having lots of them in one room and see if they interact.

Message 8 of 8 (3,097 Views)