Where oh where are my saved games going???

by tiffanydehart

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where oh where are my saved games going???

★★★★ Novice

I am so frustrated!  What would be the point to even have this game if you can't get to saved games??? This is the message I see when the game loads:  "The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game."  A newer version?! Are you kidding me?! It told me this on day one and like an idiot I kept trying to play and created several families all of which have their lovely pictures in my gallery and yet they don't exist after saving and exiting. I have checked for updates, Origin says my game is up to date.  I have clicked repair game, verified all the files and still when I load the game I get that message.  I have uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and still get the same message!  This game sucks!!!

Message 1 of 2 (1,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Where oh where are my saved games going???

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Problem solved by EA Support but you will not be able to recover previously saved games.  This worked for me and I am now able to create, play and save and then go back and play again later.  Here's what you do:

Repair game thru Origin, then check for updates thru Origin (right click on the game in your library and those options will come up) be sure that you do not have the game running when doing this.

Then go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/

Then go into the "cache" folder and delete all the cache files.

Then go to "Saves" folder and delete all the files.

Then go into the "scratch" folder within the "saves" folder and delete all the files which have the words "savegame" in it.

Then launch the game and create a new game and save it, exit the game, then relaunch the game, the saved game should be there.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,934 Views)

All Replies

Re: Where oh where are my saved games going???

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Problem solved by EA Support but you will not be able to recover previously saved games.  This worked for me and I am now able to create, play and save and then go back and play again later.  Here's what you do:

Repair game thru Origin, then check for updates thru Origin (right click on the game in your library and those options will come up) be sure that you do not have the game running when doing this.

Then go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/

Then go into the "cache" folder and delete all the cache files.

Then go to "Saves" folder and delete all the files.

Then go into the "scratch" folder within the "saves" folder and delete all the files which have the words "savegame" in it.

Then launch the game and create a new game and save it, exit the game, then relaunch the game, the saved game should be there.

Message 2 of 2 (1,935 Views)