Where is the Sims 3 registration code when you download the game from origin?

by Dullohan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where is the Sims 3 registration code when you download the game from origin?

★★★★ Novice

I got the humble origin bundle last night redeemed all 8 game codes and started the Sims 3 download, this morning I woke up and went to checked if the down load was complete.  It was, and a window had opened asking me to "please enter the Registration code found either in your confirmation email, your game manual/product packaging, or game card." I can't find this code anywhere. I checked my email, I didn't get one. I tried the humble code, it was to short. I tried the product code in the games info page, that was also to short. I checked the forums. The forums said to check the order history, but my order history is empty. I even downloaded the PDF game manual to see if it was in there. Please help me. I'mgoingtobereallyunhappyifIhavetogo throughthismuchtrouble for all 8 games. I am a first time origin customer and so far the process has been a nightmare.

Message 1 of 41 (45,574 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Where is the Sims 3 registration code when you download the game from origin?

Hero (Retired)

I have only a 16-digits code in my Origin client! Nothing works now!

We’re aware of the 16 digit / 20 digit conflict issues with Sims 3 Starter Pack. We didn't become aware of the problem, until we saw a pattern in where users were redeeming the product code. 

If you redeem the 16 digit humble code in the client, your game details page should have a proper 20 digit key for installing the game. (However it is still possible to have not gotten an updated 20 digit key) 

If you unfortunately redeemed the game through www.origin.com/account it would retain the same 16 digit key instead of issuing a proper 20 digit key needed for the game. [For some who tried this and we redirected you to the thesims3.com to redeem your code this was also incorrect. This was our mistake] 

We're are also working on the overall longevity game redemption issues on our side. 

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/IMPORTANT-How-do-I-redeem-my-Humble-Origin-Bundle-code-for-the/m...

We are extremely sorry for the mixture of confusion and frustration that this has caused. 

We will be working the next 24 hours on automatically updating all accounts that were affected by this glitch, to ensure you get a proper key for the game. I assure you that we will get this fixed. 

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has participated in the HumbleBundle and has helped raise money for charity, but again we are sorry for this issue, and we're working to resolve this.

Source: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9666913.page

------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

View in thread

Message 2 of 41 (48,783 Views)

All Replies

Re: Where is the Sims 3 registration code when you download the game from origin?

Hero (Retired)

I have only a 16-digits code in my Origin client! Nothing works now!

We’re aware of the 16 digit / 20 digit conflict issues with Sims 3 Starter Pack. We didn't become aware of the problem, until we saw a pattern in where users were redeeming the product code. 

If you redeem the 16 digit humble code in the client, your game details page should have a proper 20 digit key for installing the game. (However it is still possible to have not gotten an updated 20 digit key) 

If you unfortunately redeemed the game through www.origin.com/account it would retain the same 16 digit key instead of issuing a proper 20 digit key needed for the game. [For some who tried this and we redirected you to the thesims3.com to redeem your code this was also incorrect. This was our mistake] 

We're are also working on the overall longevity game redemption issues on our side. 

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/IMPORTANT-How-do-I-redeem-my-Humble-Origin-Bundle-code-for-the/m...

We are extremely sorry for the mixture of confusion and frustration that this has caused. 

We will be working the next 24 hours on automatically updating all accounts that were affected by this glitch, to ensure you get a proper key for the game. I assure you that we will get this fixed. 

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has participated in the HumbleBundle and has helped raise money for charity, but again we are sorry for this issue, and we're working to resolve this.

Source: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9666913.page

------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 2 of 41 (48,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Gee, Thanks for the automated robot copy and paste response that was very helpful. :robotmad:

Message 3 of 41 (45,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the SIMS 3 Island Paradise and I cant find my code anywhere and from what I read there isnt a solution?? I am confused on what to do to resolve this problem caused by origin. Confusedmileysad:

Message 4 of 41 (45,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having same issue

Message 5 of 41 (44,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello all! I had the same problem, so I contacted the Origin help instead, since I bought it from them. After describing my problem and giving them the 16-digit codes I was given in the email, they found the right 20-digit codes for me and gave them to me quick and easy. 

Just go to Live Chat through help on Origin and talk to someone about it, and they'll help you get it all sorted out right quick!

Hope that helps anyone like it did me :3

Message 6 of 41 (44,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact SAME FOR ME!!!!!! if you find out please please please let me know, send me a message or something !!!

Message 7 of 41 (43,353 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try this for your game code log into your origin account right click the game icon-show game details your code should be there if your still logged into origin log out close origin restart origin log back in to refresh/reload the game then right click the game icon-show game details make a note of your code have pen and paper handy

Message 8 of 41 (43,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! I CAN'T FIND MY CODE FOR ISLAND PARADISE IN THE EMAIL!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 41 (43,021 Views)

Hero (Retired)

read my previous post how to find your code in your origin account origin

Message 10 of 41 (43,014 Views)