Re: Where is mods folder for sims 4 in windows 10??

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

After I find 'The sims 4' folder should I save it in there or in any of the folders inside?

Message 21 of 35 (2,951 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Mods and CC goes in the Mods folder. You should read the install instructions where you got it, there might be additional information (such as the need to unpack some files).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 35 (2,942 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi this is SandpiperGamer at your service. I know your question is probably solved by now but all you gotta'do is CREATE a new Mods folder. Just right click on the empty space in your The Sims 4 folder scroll down in the drop down menu and select "New" then select "Folder" , now name it "Mods" and hit enter.

Sim on!

Message 23 of 35 (2,919 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DP_JUNGLEJULIA

The folder is created by the game. It will not help to create a Mods folder anywhere else than the one created by the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 35 (2,910 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are the only one saying this.

This folder is created with a fresh new install of the game (as far as I know).

So what do you do when you have played for 538 hours and want to try mods but there's no Mods folder?

And I did not say put this newly created folder anywhere but The Sims 4 folder, daaa, that's where it's created.

Message 25 of 35 (2,872 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm far from the only one saying this. The folder is not created during installation but by the game the first time it is launched.

You wrote how to create a mods folder. Since you can not do that in the games the Sims 4 folder because there already is one I assumed you meant to create it somewhere else.

If you have played for just a few seconds (let alone 538 hours) the game will have created this folder as well as some others. If you do not see it it is because you are not looking in the correct place, Normally it will be placed here on PC: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Message 26 of 35 (2,881 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

your reply helped a lot thank you for your detailed message

Message 27 of 35 (2,836 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Straight to the point and exact way to do it!   Standard smile

Message 28 of 35 (2,683 Views)

★★ Novice
this worked perfectly, thank you!!!!!!
Message 29 of 35 (2,605 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OMYGOOOD, I KNOW THIS POST IS LIKE VERY LONG AGO BUT FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO ONLY STARTED TO PLAY SIMS NOW THIS IS VERY HELPFUL THAAAANK YOU OH SO MUCH! T.T

I've been researching yesterday (took me almost half a day for it) and nothing, I did the playing for 5 mins but still can't see it. But now UwU 

Message 30 of 35 (2,518 Views)